2010s Pro Football Hall of Fame

ChrisBabcock

2010s Pro Football Hall of Fame

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Here’s the final “mini hall” for the 2010s. Again, “there’s only enough bronze for 20 busts”. Certainly harder than the others. I feel weird about including 3 Seahawks defenders but I think they are all deserving. I fully expect to look back on this one in a few years and have a “what was I thinking?” reaction to some of these... :)

LeVeon Bell
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Antonio Brown
Aaron Donald
Rob Gronkowski
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Luke Kuechly
Von Miller
Adrian Peterson
Patrick Peterson
Darrelle Revis
Aaron Rodgers
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas
Joe Thomas
J.J. Watt
Bobby Wagner
Marshall Yanda
Rupert Patrick

Re: 2010s Pro Football Hall of Fame

Post by Rupert Patrick »

No Ben Roethlisberger in either the 2000's or 2010's?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

He very well may have made both if I went to 25. Just a slight notch below the top tier QBs for each decade. (IMO)
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Rupert Patrick wrote:No Ben Roethlisberger in either the 2000's or 2010's?
Again, another example as to why it’s better the HOF selection process has been and is what it is instead of ‘20 per decade’. It’s still a fun exercise but one that I just choose not to touch; but kudos to those who’ve rolled up their sleeves and actually tried it.

When you got Brady/Manning/Brees in the ’00s and Brady/Brees this decade, its not all too easy for an extra QB (if we’re doing a ‘quota’, that is) to get in to this ‘20-busts’-per. And Peyton’s ’10s body-of-work shouldn’t make him a complete shoe-out in this albeit a half-decade. Big Ben’s better decade has clearly been the ’10s with me; and it’s not over yet. He won his Rings last decade but added the numbers, stats, coming into his own, in the years since. He ‘clinched’ Canton (a strong case for First Ballot) with me in 2014, bringing his team back to being a regular contender specifically highlighted with those back-to-back mega-performances vs Colts & Ravens. If I actually tried this exercise, I can’t see myself not including Big Ben but if I would actually exclude him, it would be just barely; #21 at worst.
L.C. Greenwood

Post by L.C. Greenwood »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
He very well may have made both if I went to 25. Just a slight notch below the top tier QBs for each decade. (IMO)

Barring some unforeseen off field meltdown, Roethlisberger should be a first ballot selection, just like the other QBs.