top 10 Patriots of all time

Gary Najman

Re: top 10 Patriots of all time

Post by Gary Najman »

BD Sullivan wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:Sam Adams might be the most regionally appropos name for a player in NFL history. With the possible exception of Seattle wide receiver Louis Clark.
Cleveland Crosby for the Browns.
Ken Houston for the Oilers.
JohnTurney

Rand had 2 Mike Joneses in 1998

Post by JohnTurney »

BD Sullivan wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:For one stretch in the early 1970s, the Patriots had Sam Adams, Julius Adams, and Bob Adams on the roster.
The Browns had two Robert Jackson's playing on the team for 3-4 years.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Sadly, Bill Cody never played for the Bills.

Jim Brown.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

conace21 wrote:Sadly, Bill Cody never played for the Bills.

Jim Brown.
The Browns seemed to acquire plenty of Browns, beginning with Paul Brown. There was Dean, Eddie, John, Ken, Preston, Stan, Terry and Thomas.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

BD Sullivan wrote:
conace21 wrote:Sadly, Bill Cody never played for the Bills.

Jim Brown.
The Browns seemed to acquire plenty of Browns, beginning with Paul Brown. There was Dean, Eddie, John, Ken, Preston, Stan, Terry and Thomas.
In my childhood, I got a kick out of the Cleveland Browns having their coach and best player both being named Brown.
JWL

Post by JWL »

One time while watching a Browns game at my grandmother's house she saw Courtney Brown and said, "He sure is Brown."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

JWL wrote:One time while watching a Browns game at my grandmother's house she saw Courtney Brown and said, "He sure is Brown."
I recall prior to the '87 AFC title game in Denver (played in January), they actually found someone in the Denver area named Cleveland Brown. :lol:
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

BD Sullivan wrote:
JWL wrote:One time while watching a Browns game at my grandmother's house she saw Courtney Brown and said, "He sure is Brown."
I recall prior to the '87 AFC title game in Denver (played in January), they actually found someone in the Denver area named Cleveland Brown. :lol:
Was be proud to be right back in his home town, with his new family? With old friends and new friends and even a bear?
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

In 1978-79, the St. Louis Cardinals suited up defensive backs Ken Greene, Doug Greene and Roy Green. Now that's what you call a "green" secondary.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

James Jett and John Jett never suited up for the Jets, but James did score a killer TD against us in 1993.

In the NHL there was once a Slovakian player whose named (anglicized) was spelled Satan, through pronounced Shutt-tan. Sadly he never suited up for the New Jersey Devils.