Rams are up

Post by JohnTurney »

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/ ... -team.html

Los Angeles Rams All Career-Year Team
JuggernautJ

Re: Rams are up

Post by JuggernautJ »

Thanks again for a great list.
I always learn something new from these pieces (didn't know about Parker Hall).

It's also fun to become outraged (well, moderately) at the exclusion of a favorite only to see you'd covered your... reputation by including said player in the "Honorable Mentions."
Even if they don't deserve a top ranking it's nice to know that Joe Scibelli, Ken Iman, Myron Pottios and Coy Bacon are on the list.

WHAT?!
No Willie Ellison!?! :lol:
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

JuggernautJ wrote:Thanks again for a great list.
I always learn something new from these pieces (didn't know about Parker Hall).

It's also fun to become outraged (well, moderately) at the exclusion of a favorite only to see you'd covered your... reputation by including said player in the "Honorable Mentions."
Even if they don't deserve a top ranking it's nice to know that Joe Scibelli, Ken Iman, Myron Pottios and Coy Bacon are on the list.

WHAT?!
No Willie Ellison!?! :lol:

Lots of good seasons left off, in fact, this may be longest list of HM. Ellison, Cullen Bryant, some other 1000 yard rushers. No Jon Arnett anywhere, not as RB or returner, no Lamar Lundy, Grant Wistrom, Haden (was a Pro Bowler, you know), no Bulger, no Stan West or Gene brito (2nd team all-pro in 1960) no Sean landeta... as Coach Tj has said, Rams, talent-wise were an embarassment of riches, but they only won 3 titles, so the talent neverr consistently lived up to it's billing.
paulksandiego

Post by paulksandiego »

Awesome work, John! This is the first one that I am in agreement with 100 %. The talent on the Rams' rosters through the decades is incredible. Thanks for doing this project because I see at least one name on every team you post that I had forgotten through the years. This time it was Special Teamer Jim Jodat.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

paulksandiego wrote:Awesome work, John! This is the first one that I am in agreement with 100 %. The talent on the Rams' rosters through the decades is incredible. Thanks for doing this project because I see at least one name on every team you post that I had forgotten through the years. This time it was Special Teamer Jim Jodat.
Thanks, though I would enjoy your picks as well. I have learned quite a lot doing the research. I've dug out notebooks, photocopies of lots of things i have accumulated over the years to find the nuggets, the stats or whatever that help pick one guy over anohter, but others could look at same data and choose differently