Top 5 Super Bowl WINNERS this century

74_75_78_79_

Top 5 Super Bowl WINNERS this century

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

15 teams to pick from. What is your 'Mount Rushmore'+1 amongst these 2000s Lombardi winners?

Here's my opinion...

1) '13 Seahawks - wouldn't be surprised if these guys could beat '07 Pats & '01 Rams
2) '04 Patriots
3) '14 Patriots
4) '02 Buccaneers
5) '03 Patriots

Decided not to join '03 & '04 Pats at the hip. Yes, 7Dn, plenty of real close wins by the first of those two like you said before, and it inspired me to place the '03 installment lower, but some true-championship teams throughout history have gotten it done that way, simply finding ways to win. '89 Niners won a bit of close games (yes, I know your opinion on them as well) and so did the '78 Steelers. Just the same, '03 Pats weren't quite those two teams so I'll place them at 5 on this here list. The '04 Pats...noticably better after a little more thought. Steelers beating them on Halloween was more-so a product of them finally losing after 21-straight. As that season wore on, I wasn't feeling good about the inevitable rematch in January to come.
CSKreager

Re: Top 5 Super Bowl WINNERS this century

Post by CSKreager »

No love for the 2010 Packers?
74_75_78_79_

Re: Top 5 Super Bowl WINNERS this century

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

CSKreager wrote:No love for the 2010 Packers?
No LACK of love, that's for sure. They did barely make the playoffs, but yes once the playoffs began, they were #1-with-a-bullet! Best example, of course, was they burying top-seed Atlanta on the road and had they not dropped as many passes as they did in the Bowl, they beat Steelers by even more. And let's not forget their injuries. Despite beating GB near end of regular-season, I think if Pats avert Jets upset (hence beat the 'Burgh following week), they and their suspect D don't win the rematch IMO. Definitely respect the 2010 installment, albeit 10-6 finish, more than their one-trick-pony/'84 Dolphin-like campaign the following year.

Guess you can compare the '10 Packers to the '88 Niners. Two bleh regular-season teams barely qualifying each at 10-6, but once in... Of the other wild card SB-winners this century such as '05 Steelers, '06 Giants, '12 and even 2000 Ravens, I'll give '10 Pack the nod (though just barely vs the latter of those four). '10 Pack beats '08 Steelers as well IMO. At worst, they're just outside looking in. At best, if the wind blows just right, I may place them at #4. But that Bucs' D, especially vs the pass, and that very balanced, very clutch, very well-coached '03 Pats squad...