Trivial (if not Trivia)

JuggernautJ

Trivial (if not Trivia)

Post by JuggernautJ »

I hesitate to list this as a trivia question because I am uncertain as to my correctness on this one (but I'm sure I'll be set straight if I am wrong).

I noticed while looking at an old NFL Insider Magazine (Kickoff, 2000) that, among those who played (so not Shorty Ray or Pete Rozelle) there appear to be only two Hall of Fame members who played the entirety of their careers on teams that do not have a current representative in the NFL.
For example, Charley Trippi played his entire career for the Chicago Cardinals... but they still exist as the Arizona Cardinals (so he wouldn't count).

So... name the two... and am I correct?
Wendell02

Re: Trivial (if not Trivia)

Post by Wendell02 »

I think it's Frank "Bruiser" Kinard and Clarence "Ace" Parker. Both played for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the late 1930's and early 1940's. Parker played one season (1945) for the Boston Yanks. And then both played for the NY Yankees in the AAFC.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Wendell02 wrote:I think it's Frank "Bruiser" Kinard and Clarence "Ace" Parker. Both played for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the late 1930's and early 1940's. Parker played one season (1945) for the Boston Yanks. And then both played for the NY Yankees in the AAFC.
That was my observation and I believe you're correct.

It seems said tidbit is sub-trivial.
LJP

Post by LJP »

Fritz Pollard would be part of that group too.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

LJP wrote:Fritz Pollard would be part of that group too.
Thanks.
One of my reasons for posting was to discover if there were any others who fit the description inducted since my source material had been published (2000).

I would've checked on the HoF website but since it was "improved" it has become unusable (to me, anyway).

So, Fritz, Ace and Bruiser... that sounds like old school NFL to me.
Last edited by JuggernautJ on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JuggernautJ wrote:I would've checked on the HoF website but since it was "improved" it has become unusable (to me, anyway).
I find it unusable, as well.