Here we go again ! Another "New Football League"

single wing

Re: Here we go again ! Another "New Football League"

Post by single wing »

Draft completed. Amazing they have not officially announced schedule. How are you going to sell tickets for games in two months when you don't actually know when and where they play. I wish them the best of luck. Would be nice to have some spring football league but the jury is still out.
single wing

Post by single wing »

http://www.mlfbmedia.com/mlfb-announces ... financing/

$20 Million in Equity and $100 Million Line of Credit Offered to Fund MLFB’s 2016 and 2017 Seasons. Looks like this new league will actually take the field.
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

More power to them, and I hope they can make a go of it. But given that they first said that they would launch in April 2016 and April 1 is now six weeks away, I have a feeling that the next press release will have the number "2017" in it. Looking at the draft, they don't even have a single city confirmed-- right now, the franchises are named after their owners, like "Team Campo" and "Team Miller" and "Team Ford". Hey, go Fords! Team motto, "fix or repair daily."
James

Post by James »

Mark L. Ford wrote:More power to them, and I hope they can make a go of it. But given that they first said that they would launch in April 2016 and April 1 is now six weeks away, I have a feeling that the next press release will have the number "2017" in it. Looking at the draft, they don't even have a single city confirmed-- right now, the franchises are named after their owners, like "Team Campo" and "Team Miller" and "Team Ford". Hey, go Fords! Team motto, "fix or repair daily."
Or "Found on Road, Dead".
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Yep.

http://www.mlfbmedia.com/mlfb-to-launch ... nt-season/

They said they are going to be using 2016 as a developmental year and won't kick off until 2017. We'll see if it ever gets done.