HOVG and Ladies' Football

oldecapecod11

HOVG and Ladies' Football

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Here is a suggestion that can benefit many.

Why not actively solicit PFRA membership among the ladies leagues?

Benefits to the PFRA (obvious)
* Increased Membership
* Ladies' views in the forum
* Perhaps writers among them can contribute so CC is not always close to two months past due?

Benefits for the ladies
* Bi-monthly article in CC re player, team or league - maybe all three
* International scope of PFRA publication
* Recognition of their sisters in HOVG (It would not take many votes to stuff the ballot box and elect some gals.)

Perhaps others can suggest more opportunities that will be of mutual benefit.
We are missing the boat without distaff participation.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Bryan

Re: HOVG and Ladies' Football

Post by Bryan »

I nominate Helen Hunt for the Ladies Football HOVG.
mwald

Post by mwald »

Great idea. Anything (professional) that can expand - not saying substitute or replace - the PFRA beyond the drudgery of endless HOF discussions. SABR has multiple and varied interests. Why not the PFRA?
Rozehawk

Post by Rozehawk »

Bryan wrote:I nominate Helen Hunt for the Ladies Football HOVG.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, though, Cod's idea is quite a good one, and I think the women's leagues would be very receptive to it.
"They can bring all the tackles in the country, but this fellow [Duke] Slater is the best of them all." - Red Grange, 1926
My books
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by Rozehawk » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:51 pm
" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, though, Cod's idea is quite a good one, and I think the women's leagues would be very receptive to it."

The clownheads are examples of the very reason most people don't take ladies' football seriously.

If you think it's a good idea, start recruiting.
It's a better process than dragging people to a barroom and recruiting there.
These girls are starved for recognition and this international exposure could give some to them.
Hey! If they pay $1,000.00 to play, what's another $35.00.
That's like buying a computer and not getting a cordless mouse. (No pun!)
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

mwald wrote:PFRA beyond the drudgery of endless HOF discussions. SABR has multiple and varied interests. Why not the PFRA?
This.

Whether it's women's football or pretty much anything else football related.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Outstanding! Some key people think we can bring benefits to both groups - the PFRA and Ladies' Football.

Right now, we're putting together a list of those teams and leagues that have something resembling a web site.
We'll share what we find as soon as we have a decent number.
One plan will be to post a notice where possible inviting the ladies and their supporters to visit the PFRA web site
and outline some of the benefits and joys of membership and following the forum interaction.

It is perfect timing to perhaps get them interested in the HOVG for their retired players. They will be able to read
posts about nominations and the entire procedure. Knowing that nominating and voting requires membership
could very well encourage a number to join.
Hopefully, Rozehawk will submit at least one nomination with supporting data. (No bikini pictures, Neal.)

This can be an exciting foray into virgin territory for membership recruiting and maybe beneficial for all.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Here's a link to the Independent Women's Football League.
We have not explored it yet. Perhaps it will be more fun if we do it together.

http://www.iwflsports.com/

And here's some data about the history of the league.

"History
About the IWFL
The IWFL was founded in 2000 by a group of players dedicated to making the sport a household name.
The League exists to provide a foundation of organizational pride, professionalism, and integrity.
The ultimate goal of the IWFL is the financial success of its member teams, therefore, establishing the credibility of the sport.

We are the IWFL family,
together we will build the best league possible not just for ourselves but those that follow.

The Independent Women’s Football League (IWFL) is a 501 c 6 Non Profit organization. Structured as a professional football league, the mission is to provide women’s tackle football teams the opportunity to play at the top competition tier of their sport, while fostering an environment of goodwill and sportsmanship.

The IWFL has assisted countless women’s teams to begin operations and pursue the highest level of achievement.
The league is proud to have established the foundation on which the sport continues to grow. From the founding four teams in 2000 to the current IWFL major level elite teams, each year the league showcases the best teams in the sport while they are at the peak of their operational ability.

The IWFL has taken the lead in the development of women’s football for future generations. In 2010 the IWFL assisted USA Football by selecting and fielding the first ever U.S. Women’s National Team. That team competed in and won the inaugural IFAF Women’s World Championship Tournament.
The IWFL is also the only women’s league in history to offer performance bonus prize awards to players that excel on the field.
"
~ Arnie Weinmeister
mwald

Post by mwald »

What I like about this is how it promotes an interest or group vs. promoting one's personal mythology as a member. And it's hard to argue with your well-articulated plan. You're on a bit of a roll lately, OCC.