Randy Gradishar

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Shrevedude

Randy Gradishar

Post by Shrevedude »

I am hearing more and more talk of the possibility of Gradishar being chosen this year...including talk that it appears a three-horse race between he, Riley, and Branch.

However, all I hear from Clark Judge on Talk of Fame in his articles, in regards to the voters, is that Gradishar doesn't register with voters.

I mean, I can't imagine Gradishar finished in the Top 5 last year...I know 2nd was Riley, 3rd was Howley, and 5th was Kunz...I would assume 4th was Branch, since he has been getting a lot of voter support, according to articles...

But the talk of Gradishar being elected in 2022, at least, sounds like he seems popular mainly with fans, but not voters, to me...at least that is the impression I get...when it comes to his enshrinement in 2022.
Brian wolf

Re: Randy Gradishar

Post by Brian wolf »

Other than Howley and Wistert, he is the most qualified but we will see soon ...
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Brian wolf wrote:Other than Howley and Wistert, he is the most qualified but we will see soon ...
My one/two are Dilweg and Lewellen.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Of course those guys but they really cancel each other out and with Butler coming up this year, dont feel the senior committee is jumping upon another Packer, soon. I actually think Sharpe may get in before those two, which is unfortunate ...
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Brian wolf wrote:Of course those guys but they really cancel each other out and with Butler coming up this year, dont feel the senior committee is jumping upon another Packer, soon. I actually think Sharpe may get in before those two, which is unfortunate ...
Right, I actually think they may never get in. I wish the HOF senior committee would let players officially drop off.
Last edited by TanksAndSpartans on Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its never too late but we have to hope that two seniors per year can go in starting in 2025. By then, the eligible coaches will drop some as well.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Another question for the voting seniors committee becomes, do you vote in an older, deserving living player or someone who is worthy, who may have passed like Riley or Branch ? ... Howley is another Cowboy, who is older and waiting but if not him, Gradishar would be my choice ...
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Brian wolf wrote:Another question for the voting seniors committee becomes, do you vote in an older, deserving living player or someone who is worthy, who may have passed like Riley or Branch ? ... Howley is another Cowboy, who is older and waiting but if not him, Gradishar would be my choice ...
when they put Brandt in over George Young (who got in on Cent. cmte) it was because Brandt was living--so I was told

but in terms of Riley and RG, apparently that is not going to be the case--but it is different committees--so to be fair
the thought or premise being inconsistent is necessarily even supplied across committees.

With Howley, yes, he'd older---and IMO, more qualified than Meador, but Meador is older, so he's getting some push
of course, this is just rumors gossip, so it's not scripture...but I guess now Meador is okay
but years ago they asked me about Meador vs Richter because it was going to be a Ram--that was somehow
the decision, I said Meador

Richter had snapping skills and even kicking skills that the coaches liked to help him make Pro Bowls--they needed
to field a team and it was also in LA and rumors that some of the players had it in contract that they make Pro Bowl
because Dan Reeves could pull strings... if they were somewhat worthy---cannot say that is true or not, never have
seen a contract, but TJ's film study suggests than Richter okay, but not a "8-time Pro Bowl" player

BTY, same with Baughan in terms of not being all that great. Deacon and Merlin thought their LBers were slow and weak
and that Pardee was the best of the three---but take that for what it is worth.

Also, easter conference Lbers in early 1960s not on par with West, Fortunato, Forrester, etc...so in the early years
with Eagles, easier row to hoe, only Howley over there--just reading the names on the East OLBer does not match up
with West, IMO, anyway. But, I digress---I think Richter, again was okay, but to me Meadeer the better overall "resume"
IMO. SO now, guessing fair shot (call it 25ish%) that Meador gets the call now when he could be already in
and the "age" thing does not work against others.

It's uts more of the "lets manipulate things" versus "put the best resume in" regardless of age, team, etc...

had that Happened, seems like Howley, Gradishar, Branch, and some of the "super seniors" in long ago.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sorry Gradishar/Denver fans ... I thought this was the year ...
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Speaking of Gradishar, I think his linebacker corps with Tom Jackson, Bob Swenson and Joe Rizzo is one of the best 3-4 linebacking crew of all time, next to New Orleans´ Dome Patrol and the Giants LT crew.