Demaryius Thomas HOF ?

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Brian wolf

Demaryius Thomas HOF ?

Post by Brian wolf »

With the retirement of Demaryius Thomas, a receiver representing the inflated-numbers era, is he HOF worthy or future HOVG ?

His talent and size/speed ratio was through the roof but I felt overrall, he underachieved, especially after Manning left the Broncos. I would say no but he has a case, especially winning a SB and going to another but some people believe he wasnt the same player after getting knocked around by the Seattle Legion Of Boom in the 2013/14 SB. I dont know about that but I felt he didnt develop into one of the elite players like I had expected either but we will see what others thought ...
Reaser

Re: Demaryius Thomas HOF ?

Post by Reaser »

No
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I don't see him as a HOFer. I don't think he did enough to separate himself from the other deserving WRs from the same era. Had he sustained his best seasons with other QBs, maybe.
Eagles One

Post by Eagles One »

No, IMO. Torry Holt is more of a HOFer and he is not in. Don't see it for Thomas.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

is he hofer no
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Reaser wrote:No
Hey Matt,
Is that a "Please, no..." or a "Hell NO!"? :D

I have to concur with the general consensus.
DT was pretty good for a while and very good when he played with one of the best QBs in history.
He might make the HoVG 25 years from now but I won't be around to see it...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... omDe03.htm
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Even with two second-team all-pro choices by one outlet in 2013 and 2014, I still don't see it. I generally don't view Pro Bowls since 2000 to mean a whole lot. Often times, the best players aren't even selected.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Though it took forever to win a second championship, Peyton Manning was a leader and once he left the Broncos, the entire team underachieved, including Thomas and Miller.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JuggernautJ wrote:
Reaser wrote:No
Hey Matt,
Is that a "Please, no..." or a "Hell NO!"?
I liked DT but clearly not a HOF'r.

Some people think anyone decent is HOF (or HOVG), or historically anyone they can remember or any name they recognize, "should be in the HOF."

The building would have to stretch all the way to Akron to fit in all these players that anytime they're mentioned, "I remember him, he should be in the HOF."

Not everyone is a HOF player.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thomas has passed at the age of 33 ... Unbelievable !