Most Exciting Player in the NFL

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Eagles One

Re: Most Exciting Player in the NFL

Post by Eagles One »

JuggernautJ wrote:
Eagles One wrote:I can name several on offense so I will pick a defensive player. Reggie White. Sacks never excited me until Reggie.
I was thinking of Lawrence Taylor, along the same lines.
I guess we're probably a generation apart... and someone a generation older than I might say Deacon Jones or Gino Marchetti.

I was thinking of Taylor too. Went with Reggie because of my Eagles' bias, but I consider Taylor one of the best defensive players ever along with Deacon Jones and Mean Joe Greene. Taylor is 2 years older than Reggie so they were really contemporaries. Taylor began in 1981 and retired in 1993. Reggie began his professional career in the USFL in 1983 and joined the Eagles in 1985. He retired in the early 2000s, I believe.
racepug

Re: Most Exciting Player in the NFL

Post by racepug »

All great choices. Let me throw another name out there: Randy Moss. Steve Largent (still one of my favorites of all time, to this day) and Jerry Rice were obviously each GREAT but Randy Moss took the best aspects of each of those other guys' games and added unparalleled athleticism to it. I've said it before and I say it again: Randy Moss must've been an absolute NIGHTMARE for every DB that he was going up against. To me, he was to WRs what Bo Jackson was to RBs - absolutely breathtaking.