Browns Town: Twenty Famous Browns Talk Amongst Themselves

Saban1

Browns Town: Twenty Famous Browns Talk Amongst Themselves

Post by Saban1 »

This book, by Alan Natali, came out in 2001. It is one of my favorite football books along with Andy Piascik's "The Best Show In Football." I love both of those books, but I am talking about Natali's book here.

It was great to read things from guys like Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Dante Lavelli, Lou Groza, Dub Jones, Tommy James, Tony Adamle, Walt Michaels, Ken Konz, Don Colo, Vince Costello, Gaylon Fiss, Paul Wiggin, Jim Ray Smith, Milt Plum, John Wooten, Dick Schafrath, Jim Houston, Ross Fichtner, Gary Collins, and even Paul Brown's son, Mike Brown. This is a must for any Cleveland Browns fan and most people that enjoy reading about football history.

I think that you can get it pretty cheap now at Amazon and maybe other book sellers. It is well over 500 pages and is full of information.
RichardBak

Re: Browns Town: Twenty Famous Browns Talk Amongst Themselve

Post by RichardBak »

I agree, both books are excellent sources for the 1946-55 era. I used them for one of my own books. And while not Browns-specific, let's not forget Stuart Leuthner's Iron Men. Another great collection of first-person accounts of the game in the '50s.
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

RichardBak wrote:I agree, both books are excellent sources for the 1946-55 era. I used them for one of my own books. And while not Browns-specific, let's not forget Stuart Leuthner's Iron Men. Another great collection of first-person accounts of the game in the '50s.

This is really ironic. I just ordered your book about the Detroit Lions, "When the Lions Were Kings," yesterday. If you did use Natali's and Piascik's books for sources, then it should be a good read. I read the preview at Amazon about "When the Lions Were Kings," and I am pretty sure that your book is a good one. Can't wait to read it.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Cool. Hope you like it.