2022 outlook going into Wk#13's NO@TB MNF matchup

Reaser

Re: 2022 outlook going into Wk#13's NO@TB MNF matchup

Post by Reaser »

racepug wrote:"Could"? The Seahawks had exactly one four-week stretch of good football this season. Other than that they've been pretty awful (on "D," in particular). I expect very little from them the rest of this season.
It's their run defense, specifically.

In games they've given up 161+ rushing yards they're 1-7, with the lone [close game] win coming over the John Wolford led Rams. The Bucs and their horrible run game had their best rushing performance of the season against Seattle, as did the Saints (career game for Hill) and Raiders (career game for Jacobs.) The Panthers and 49ers each had their 2nd best rushing days against the Seahawks.

Games they've given up less than 161 yards rushing, they're 6-0.

It's pretty straightforward. And the teams Seattle has beat have to feel pretty dumb for not attacking them with the run. In retrospect the Broncos probably shouldn't have been trying to give Russ his "hero" game and instead gave Javonte Williams more than 7 carries. The Lions game was a shootout with no defense for either team and the lone thing still giving the Seahawks some hope -- since they have the tiebreaker over the Lions if it comes down to them for the final WC spot. The Cardinals had Eno for the first meeting and he's not even with the team anymore, the second meeting they only gave Conner 7 carries and lost. Similarly, the Chargers wanted to air it out all game and only gave Ekeler 9 carries and lost. The only game the Seahawks actually did well against the run (without help from their opponents not trying to run) was the Giants game where they held Saquon to 53 yards on 20 carries. Otherwise every team should run the ball down Seattle's throat and their chances of winning are extremely high.

Was telling that to my friends last week when they were hyping up Seattle's chances against the 49ers for TNF. I kept telling them that Seattle actually have a better chance to win IN Kansas City than they do [did] at home against the 49ers, because SF will, did, and put the game away by running the ball while KC is much more inclined to abandon the run and the Seahawks can play with teams that want to throw all game.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Well ... final week of the regular season coming up and for Richard Bak, can the Lions beat the Packers and give their fans a possible playoff spot while keeping Rodgers from making a postseason run? I am pulling for them even if they dont make the playoffs.

Niners fans can be happy that Shanahan has found a QB other than Jimmy G to win games with but after a possible 9-10 game winning streak, they better hope a letdown doesnt happen in the playoffs.
We will see if Jed York can finally have a chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy but I wouldnt bet on it.

The Jaguars are hot and should beat the Titans but QB Hobbs for the Nashville-based team reminded me of Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam on some of his passes and will need to throw more like him for the Titans--and Henry's 30 plus carries-- to beat them.

If Lamar Jackson is healthy, he needs to start playing again right away because the Ravens are slumping and still have a chance to win the division. I never believed the rookie Wicked Pickett, would win two straight games in the final minutes to give the Steelers a chance at the playoffs but there they are ...

The Cowboys better start preparing for Brady and the Bucs right now. The expectations for this team have always been tremendous but they need to play mistake-free football and not succumb to Jedi Mind Tricks in the first round ... haha
JWL

Post by JWL »

Brian wolf wrote: The Jaguars are hot and should beat the Titans but QB Hobbs for the Nashville-based team reminded me of Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam on some of his passes and will need to throw more like him for the Titans--and Henry's 30 plus carries-- to beat them.

If Lamar Jackson is healthy, he needs to start playing again right away because the Ravens are slumping and still have a chance to win the division. I never believed the rookie Wicked Pickett, would win two straight games in the final minutes to give the Steelers a chance at the playoffs but there they are ...
The Titans went to Dobbs because of how rotten Willis had played. They will have a shot to beat the Jaguars now.

While watching both of their last two games it felt like the Steelers would win each game. The Steelers can make the playoffs but need the 7-9 (ReaL record 1-15) Jets to win. Good luck with that.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

The final NFC wildcard spot is apparently down to one of three teams: Packers, who lost 7 of 8 this year. Lions, who lost 6 of 7, or Seahawks, who lost 5 of 6.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael