Were You Pro Football Weekly or a Football News guy

vikingsfan1963

Were You Pro Football Weekly or a Football News guy

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

I subscribed to both but had a more lengthy subscription to PFW until its initial demise in either the late 70s or early 80s. Both were solid publications. I know PFW made a comeback at some point and I had a online subscription for a couple years. Do you guys remember Football Digest? I believe that was a monthly publication.
ChrisBabcock

Re: Were You Pro Football Weekly or a Football News guy

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I remember buying the Football Digest season preview almost every year when I was a teenager. (Late 80s)
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

I subscribed to PFW during the 70s until it folded. I would buy Pro Football Digest off a magazine stand once or twice a year.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I had a subscription to Football Digest and still have all of my issues but I am unsure of the year range. I liked the "Game I Will Never Forget" feature the best. They put some of them into a book.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

I had a subscription to football digest for a short time but usually would just buy a handful a year at the grocery store.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I had a subscription to PFW from 1978-81. I bought Football Digest at local stores and through subscription from 73-78. I still have them all.
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

I subscribed to Football Digest for a few years in the early-mid 1980's. It was very affordable and contained good stories and information. Pro Football Weekly was really hit and miss at local news stands. I don't recall ever seeing Football News. I remember buying the occasional issue of College and Pro Football Newsweekly in the '80's.

Pro Football Weekly published some terrific almanacs in 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983 and 1995. There may have been other years. I still have all mine, including PFW's 1978 Year in Review book, though it was much thinner on content compared to the Almanacs.