HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Brian wolf

Re: HOF List for 25 Eligible Senior Semifinalists

Post by Brian wolf »

We will see Robert, QB is a tough sell these days ... May not have any others the next two years which is understandable ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

For this possible 2023 election, only three seniors --Isbell, Nobis, Gradishar-- from the 2020 finalists submitted by the Blue Ribbon Panel. Dilweg continues to be denied. Craig misses out as well.

Hopefully, the four linebackers on this list of 12, dont count each other out ...
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Thanks Brian.

Ken Anderson
Maxie Baughan
Randy Gradishar
Chuck Howley
Cecil Isbell
Joe Klecko
Bob Kuechenberg
Eddie Meador
Tommy Nobis
Ken Riley
Sterling Sharpe
Everson Walls

Dilweg wasn't getting in. May as well pull the bandaid off early :D. Hopefully its Gradishar and Howley. Tough to pick a third to root for if they mess it up. I'll say Kuechenberg.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good call on Kooch, T&S ... You would think being an eight-time finalist and the only offensive lineman in this group could help him out but Sharpe could get the Terrel Davis treatment.

Being a major Cowboy fan of the eighties and nineties, I like Walls but dont believe he is a HOF player. There is a reason he was released by HC Jimmy Johnson, though Parcells and Belichick utilized him well. Yes, he made a lot of big plays and forced turnovers for the Cowboys but so did Dennis Thurman, who was even slower but underrated. Walls benefitted from Ed Jones being on the left side and should thank him if he gets elected ...
TanksAndSpartans

I see what you mean on Sharpe. He had the talent. Given the list, I'd be fine with him because if history holds, it won't be Gradishar and Howley.

I hate to root against anyone, but from what I've read here, PFJ and elsewhere I agree with the cases against Anderson, Isbell, Klecko, Riley, and Walls.

Is Nobis right on the edge? Maxie Baughan too? I'm interested to hear others opinions on these two.

Eddie Meador seems like he has good postseason honors, but when ranking all-time safeties, he's pretty far down the list, right?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Coach Troup and others swear by Meador, who helped the linebackers look good as well. Similar to Wilson but not the blitzer type. I think he may wait but would be a delight to see him elected. Underrated on special teams as well, I read. I still believe it will go defence and two outta three aint bad ...
TanksAndSpartans

Thanks Brian. I didn't know much of anything about Meador.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:Thanks Brian. I didn't know much of anything about Meador.
Meador still holds several team records: interceptions and blocked kicks. He is tied for the Rams lead in pick 6s and defensive fumble recoveries. He's a guy that I've also learned to appreciate in recent years. Seems like many of his plays would have made Sportscenter today and he'd get a lot more recognition. West Coast games in the 50s and 60s, probably not so much press. But he sure made the Pro Bowl a lot. He also was the NFL union president before the merger.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

What hurts Meador though is all the safeties that have made the HOF recently. He should have been part of the Centennial Class but was snubbed for Captain Crash, who I like, but could have waited. A great surprise if Meador makes it ... Could he possibly cancel out Baughan, who has stiff competition already ?
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:Walls benefitted from Ed Jones being on the left side and should thank him if he gets elected ...
FWIW John Madden had the very same opinion of Everson Walls.