2023 PFRA Convention

RyanChristiansen

Re: 2023 PFRA Convention

Post by RyanChristiansen »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Are we devolving into a team fan site here?
I agree with this sentiment. As for the location choice, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Pittsburgh has to offer in terms of viewing football history. Pittsburgh or Philadelphia are both good choices in terms of history. (Pittsburgh also has the Roberto Clemente museum.)
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

racepug wrote:I'm a Raiders fan (too) from WAAAAAAY back, so. . ."No, thanks."
What does the location have to do with your rooting interests? I don’t understand the reasoning.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

I'd struggle w/ the temptation to deface the IR Franco statue that stands as a welcome to arrivals. Would probably get detained before I left the airport.
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Are we devolving into a team fan site here?
I hope not, Jeffrey!

As a life-long Rams fan who was in the Rose Bowl when Stallworth's 72-yard TD reception wrecked everything, I'll say this: If I can go to Pittsburgh and enjoy the football history there, then anyone can.

The convention is in the early planning stages but I'm pretty sure it will be an outstanding weekend about football history. I'm looking forward to visiting with the attendees and hearing all the talks.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

JohnR wrote:I'd struggle w/ the temptation to deface the IR Franco statue that stands as a welcome to arrivals. Would probably get detained before I left the airport.
You'd be lucky to be detained.
A lynching by rabid Steelers fans might be more likely...
;)