Heinicke looks like Tarkenton

Brian wolf

Re: Heinicke looks like Tarkenton

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre right J&L, slipped my mind. Would Wilson leave the Seahawks and try with another team ?
I feel he should retire a Seahawk but his wife might want him to move on. Had Tua Tags not showed his mettle with the Dolphins this year, the team would have been a great fit for Wilson but we will see what he might do because the Saints and Broncos are teams he likes as well.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:Youre right J&L, slipped my mind. Would Wilson leave the Seahawks and try with another team ?
I feel he should retire a Seahawk but his wife might want him to move on. Had Tua Tags not showed his mettle with the Dolphins this year, the team would have been a great fit for Wilson but we will see what he might do because the Saints and Broncos are teams he likes as well.
Yes, rumors are that his wife would rather he played somewhere else. Also, as much as I've loved watching R.W. over the years, I think it might be best for all concerned if he moves on after this season.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Way more teams are going to need a quarterback this offseason than last, where it seemed like everyone had at least a temporary but concrete answer either through free agency or the draft. Given how the season has gone for Rodgers, I have a feeling his odds of staying in GB have increased dramatically, potentially leaving Wilson as the highest-profile QB on the moving block, alongside Watson. We could have one of the most exciting offseasons in some years, lots of radical shakeups of team constructions. The 2021 draft almost universally busted and the class of 2022 isn't offering any answers, so I imagine every team that doesn't know their QB of the future will be in the market for one of these two guys, assuming Watson's legal case is resolved. And that's looking like it's going to be at least 10-12 teams. So I think it'll come down to which teams the players themselves are most interested in being traded to.

On that measure, I think we can rule out the dumpster fire franchises like the Jets, Texans, and Lions. Miami remains in play; Tua hasn't been that much better, he has a passer rating below 90 while Burrow and Herbert are soaring. Saints are viable, but I feel like they still want to see more out of Jameis. Denver obviously carries the precedent for a move like this. I like Pittsburgh as a dark horse option for both of them, with Big Ben almost undoubtedly not part of their 2022 plans, although I have a feeling they may draft hometown product Kenny Pickett in round 1.The Giants or Bears don't feel especially likely to me, a bit too run-down in offensive firepower, but they're historic franchises so they're on the table. Other teams I could see as possible for either include the Eagles, Football Team, Panthers, Falcons (if they're moving on from Matt Ryan), maybe even Tennessee, San Francisco, or Cleveland. So pretty much half the NFL. There's never a lack of demand for a franchise QB, and it might be easier to count the teams who definitely won't be in the running. Sure to be wild and unpredictable.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

As for Heinicke, he has ability but this year has been a disappointment and the youth on the team is obvious. Hopefully with a new name change this year, the team can get better as well without bringing in free agents who want to spend Snyder's money without providing leadership.
JWL

Post by JWL »

JameisLoseston wrote: On that measure, I think we can rule out the dumpster fire franchises like the Jets, Texans, and Lions. Miami remains in play;
Dumpster fire is fair for 2012-20. I would not characterize the Jets as a dumpster fire anymore. A careful inspection of the team reveals a competent head coach, a young quarterback who has improved during the season and might be the best of the rookie quarterbacks (I know- not exactly saying much), and a very young roster. There are some similarities between the 2020 Bengals and 2021 Jets.

As for the Lions, they have a hole at quarterback but they also have a new head coach. If Russell Wilson wanted to go there and try to revive that team, then he could help them make the playoffs right away.

As for the Texans- yeah, dumpster fire.

Now, if you were talking in a general, bird's eye view-sense? No argument then. The records speak for themselves. All dumpster fires.