Cowboys best shot since '95?

Brian wolf

Re: Cowboys best shot since '95?

Post by Brian wolf »

I am not a big fan of McCarthy either and feel the team underachieves too much ...
Last edited by Brian wolf on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:Sorry Bryan ... but this Brian didnt say that ... haha
I am not a big fan of McCarthy either and feel the team underachieves too much ...

Sorry about that. I quoted a quote for some reason. I've fixed the original message.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

No problem Bryan ... I redid mine as well ...
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Bryan wrote:
GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:McCarthy, given the chance, is likely going to win several division championships in Dallas, IMO. Whether they get to the Super Bowl or not is tough to say.
I don't know if you will be proven right or wrong, but I found this to be an interesting statement. I always thought the Packers won in spite of McCarthy; whenever he called timeout and sent in a play, it would end in disaster. Clock management, using challenges, when to go for 2...these things seem to always be beyond McCarthy's grasp. I thought it was telling that when McCarthy was fired by the Packers, he was one of only a handful of active coaches that had a Super Bowl title on his resume, there were numerous job openings, yet no team gave McCarthy a job.
I'm a Packer fan but not a big McCrthy fan and I don't think that statement is entirely accurate. McCarthy did interview with the Jets but he turned down several other offers to interview and he even canceled at least one scheduled interview because he had decided to take a year off.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Another blown opportunity for the Cowboys. The officials upstaged the players, especially at the end. Gets tiresome to watch ...
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Another case of replay upstaging the game itself. Ridiculous…
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:Another blown opportunity for the Cowboys. The officials upstaged the players, especially at the end. Gets tiresome to watch ...
It seemed to me that the Cowboys shot themselves in the foot more often than not. The Niners dominated the first 3 periods and were surprisingly better than Dallas at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and perhaps the only reason the Cowboys moved the ball in the 4th period was because the Niners were missing Warner and Bosa. It was somewhat miraculous that the Cowboys were still in the game; the re-spotting of the ball on Samuel's 3rd down run was almost unprecedented, and I think the re-spotting wasn't even the correct call. Had the Niners gotten that first down, the game would essentially have been over.

As for the last play of the game, I don't really understand the QB draw as the risk of the clock running out is too great and the reward too little. But regardless, if the ball was truly spotted correctly for the next play, the umpire should have moved the ball back about 3 yards as that is where Dak had begun his slide.

In general it seemed like McCarthy had the Cowboys ill-prepared, and he made several questionable decisions/late decisions that had Dallas up against the wall. Similar to what Green Bay experienced in the postseason under McCarthy.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yeah, the QB draw was kind of dumb but I guess Prescott thought he could get the team up and spike the ball but the officials themselves werent sure where to spot it. Sloppy discipline amongst the players, there seemed to be 10 penalties in the last two minutes of the game.

Elliot claims he played through a knee injury and I believe him because he never ran with any burst.
Pollard should have gotten more carries and where was Cooper ? I will give credit to the Niners secondary but Cooper disappears too much.

Jimmy G was lucky the Cowboys didnt take the game. He played really well early but missed later throws he would like to have back. If he plays well against the Packers next week, regardless of the outcome, they need to bring him back somehow because Shanahan doesnt win with any other QB.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Wonder if Jimmy's right thumb injury accounts for a few bad overthrows.
Romo was spot (no pun intended) on w/ his assessment. Dak should have sought out the umpire and not given the ball to his center.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Teo wrote:I think is their best shot since 2007.
https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-next-for ... 08265.html