Warning! - Very Difficult Super Bowl Trivia Question

superbowlfanatic

Warning! - Very Difficult Super Bowl Trivia Question

Post by superbowlfanatic »

2 opposing players who both once caught passes in 1 Super Bowl game, later repeated the same feat by catching passes as opponents in another Super Bowl game played in the same stadium, and both players were on new opposing teams in the second Super Bowl game. Name the 2 Super Bowl games and the same stadium, the 2 players, and the 4 different teams?
Oszuscik

Re: Warning! - Very Difficult Super Bowl Trivia Question

Post by Oszuscik »

Hmm... I thought maybe it'd be Marv Fleming with the Packers and Dolphins, but nope.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

superbowlfanatic wrote:2 opposing players who both once caught passes in 1 Super Bowl game, later repeated the same feat by catching passes as opponents in another Super Bowl game played in the same stadium, and both players were on new opposing teams in the second Super Bowl game. Name the 2 Super Bowl games and the same stadium, the 2 players, and the 4 different teams?
XXIX & XXXIII
Joe Robbie/ProPlayer
Ed McCaffery & Tony Martin
Chargers, Niners, Broncos, Falcons
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

XXIX & XXXIII
Joe Robbie/ProPlayer
aha! I figured Ed McCaffrey was one of the players but I didn't have the time to dig deeper.
superbowlfanatic

Post by superbowlfanatic »

Bryan wrote:
superbowlfanatic wrote:2 opposing players who both once caught passes in 1 Super Bowl game, later repeated the same feat by catching passes as opponents in another Super Bowl game played in the same stadium, and both players were on new opposing teams in the second Super Bowl game. Name the 2 Super Bowl games and the same stadium, the 2 players, and the 4 different teams?
XXIX & XXXIII
Joe Robbie/ProPlayer
That is a great job, Bryan!

I believe the question would also be valid if the stadium component was not included, and it was just the 2 opposing players and 4 different teams.
So the stadium could make this harder or easier.

Not an easy one!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I was surprised at how the good teams of the 70's and 80's didn't really acquire players from other teams. They always drafted and developed their own players, and there seemed to be very little player movement. I didn't think I'd have to go that far into the Super Bowls to come up with the answer.