Tucker Sets New Field Goal Distance Record

RichardBak

Re: Tucker Sets New Field Goal Distance Record

Post by RichardBak »

I long for the days of Lou Michaels and Lou Groza. I want that big, muddy lineman with the chunky legs coming on to attempt a game-winning 38-yarder (straight on, none of that soccer-style stuff) after he's spent the entire afternoon getting foot-stomped, head-slapped, and kicked in the shins.

Sorry, just had a nostalgia fart. That's what happens when you spend the evening listening to the Four Tops and the Ronettes. I'll now try to re-enter the present century....
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

RichardBak wrote:I long for the days of Lou Michaels and Lou Groza. I want that big, muddy lineman with the chunky legs coming on to attempt a game-winning 38-yarder (straight on, none of that soccer-style stuff) after he's spent the entire afternoon getting foot-stomped, head-slapped, and kicked in the shins.

Sorry, just had a nostalgia fart. That's what happens when you spend the evening listening to the Four Tops and the Ronettes. I'll now try to re-enter the present century....
Through flimsy short H style goalposts.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its okay Richard. Alot of bettors thought the Lions would do better this sunday but the ineptitude continues ...
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Following up on my previous post, here's Bill Belichick talking about the evolution of the long snapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrvELlakyOk
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Brian wolf wrote:Its okay Richard. Alot of bettors thought the Lions would do better this sunday but the ineptitude continues ...
It's really beginning to hit me that the Lions are approaching the kind of century-long title droughts that fans of the Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox endured. I mean, with 2021 being the 64th consecutive year w/o a championship, the Lions are two-thirds of the way there.

What are the longest championship droughts (ongoing and historic)? Here in Detroit, we thought the 42 years between Stanley Cups for the Wings was insufferably long, and the town tore loose when we finally won it all in 1997. But man, the Lions got that beat by a country mile.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

RichardBak wrote:
Brian wolf wrote:Its okay Richard. Alot of bettors thought the Lions would do better this sunday but the ineptitude continues ...
It's really beginning to hit me that the Lions are approaching the kind of century-long title droughts that fans of the Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox endured. I mean, with 2021 being the 64th consecutive year w/o a championship, the Lions are two-thirds of the way there.

What are the longest championship droughts (ongoing and historic)? Here in Detroit, we thought the 42 years between Stanley Cups for the Wings was insufferably long, and the town tore loose when we finally won it all in 1997. But man, the Lions got that beat by a country mile.
The Cardinals haven't won a championship since 1947...that's 74 years. They were in Chicago then.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

With all the hopping around, I forgot the Cards are worse than the Lions. One chief difference, I suppose, is that the Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona Cards have kind of diluted fans' misery in any one particular city by moving around the map. And the team did make it to a Super Bowl---and a great one at that, losing to Pittsburgh a few years ago.
Terry Baldshaw

Post by Terry Baldshaw »

What are the longest championship droughts (ongoing and historic)?

Baseball: Cleveland Indians _ 73 seasons (1949-2021)
Football: Arizona Cardinals _ 73 seasons (1948-2020)
Basketball: Sacramento Kings _ 70 seasons (1952-2021)
Hockey: Toronto Maple Leafs _ 54 seasons (1968-2021)

The longest championship drought from the inception of a franchise: Philadelphia Phillies _ 97 seasons (1883-1979)
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Terry Baldshaw wrote:
The longest championship drought from the inception of a franchise: Philadelphia Phillies _ 97 seasons (1883-1979)
Wow... no wonder their mascot looks like that...
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

Tucker just got to 300 field goals and is officially over halfway to Vinatieri's record. Since it took 9 seasons and change he is on pace to break the record around 40. If he plays deep into his 40s like some kickers do he has the potential to annihilate the record.