Hall of Fame presenters

conace21

Hall of Fame presenters

Post by conace21 »

Random tidbits about Hall of Fame presenters.

Each one of the Notre Dame "Four Horseman" served as a presenter for the inaugural HOF class. The initial group of presenters also included a Senator, Congressman, Special Asst. to President, Supreme Court Justice, and the presidents of both the football, and the baseball HOF.

The first person to serve as a presenter in consecutive years was Horseman Harry Stuhldreher. He presented Sammy Baugh in the inaugural class, and Ed Healey a year later.

Forrest Gregg and Jim Taylor both selected Vince Lombardi's widow Marie to present them.

On nine occasions, two Hall of Famers have served as presenter for the other. Tom Landry/Roger Staubach, Mike Munchak/Bruce Matthews, Deacon Jones/George Allen, Len Dawson/Hank Stram, Bill Polian/Marv Levy, Frank Gifford/Wellington Mara, Pete Rozelle/Tex Schramm. Paul Brown/ Otto Graham, and Al Davis/John Madden

The two owners in those twosomes each holds another distinction.
Davis served as presenter a record 9 times, including Lance Alworth. (Davis was the WR coach for the Chargers and helped convince Alworth to sign with the young league.)
Mara is the only person to serve as a presenter for two inductees in the same class. He presented both Vince Lombardi and YA Tittle.

The first female presenters came in 1969. Josephine Morabito, widow of 49er co-founder Anthony Morabito, was the presenter for Joe Perry. Her sister-in-law Jane Morabito, widow of co-founder Victor Morabito, presented Leo Nomellini.
Brian wolf

Re: Hall of Fame presenters

Post by Brian wolf »

How the hell Wellington got into this HOF I will never know but more Maras' and Rooneys' will get in before other deserving players, I predict. I also think Robert Kraft will get in this year, though he may not present Tom Brady in the future ...
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Brian wolf wrote:How the hell Wellington got into this HOF I will never know but more Maras' and Rooneys' will get in before other deserving players, I predict. I also think Robert Kraft will get in this year, though he may not present Tom Brady in the future ...
With the contributor category, the Maras and Rooneys don't compete with deserving players. Kraft is a possibility. As far as Tom Brady's presenter, it's worth noting that if Brady plays in 2021 and 2022, and then retires, he would be inducted in the summer of 2028. Kraft would be 87 years old. Who knows if he will still be alive, or in adequate health to present. He wouldn't be the oldest presenter, though. Marv Levy was 91 when he presented the late Dick Stanfel.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

There were a few inductees who had co-presenters this year. I've never seen that before. Although both were on the video montage presenting the player, only one walked out with him to reveal his bust. (Those last three words were weird to type) :lol: