Your favorite NFL names

single wing

Re: Your favorite NFL names

Post by single wing »

RichardBak wrote:The immortal Ziggy Czarobski (Chicago Rockets)

The Rockets original TB Bob Hunchy Hoernschemeyer
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Chukie Nwokorie

ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

John Smith former Patriots kicker. When I was a kid I actually felt sorry for him because I thought he had the most generic name possible. :lol:
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

Dorne Dibble
Cloyce Box
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I'm always fascinated by names of guys that have the same name as other guys. Like two mid 90s running backs named James Stewart, Mark Clayton/Mark Clayton, Curt/Kurt Warner.
I also like those. Others that I remember are Michael Jackson (one LB for the Seahawks, the other WR for the Browns and Ravens) and the two Robert Jackson who were teammates with the Browns in the late 70s-early 90s (G Robert E. and LB Robert L.).
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Teo wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:I'm always fascinated by names of guys that have the same name as other guys. Like two mid 90s running backs named James Stewart, Mark Clayton/Mark Clayton, Curt/Kurt Warner.
I also like those. Others that I remember are Michael Jackson (one LB for the Seahawks, the other WR for the Browns and Ravens) and the two Robert Jackson who were teammates with the Browns in the late 70s-early 90s (G Robert E. and LB Robert L.).
I also remember two Derrick Alexanders in the late 90s. Without looking it up, a Ravens WR and Chiefs DE if I remember correctly?
Saban1

Post by Saban1 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Teo wrote:
I also remember two Derrick Alexanders in the late 90s. Without looking it up, a Ravens WR and Chiefs DE if I remember correctly?
During the 50's there were two guys named Don Paul, both good players. One was a linebacker for the Rams and the other was a defensive back for the Cards and the Browns.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Teo wrote:
The DE played for the Vikings, the WR for both the Ravens and Chiefs. Interestingly, there were two RB named James Jones in the early 80s, one in Dallas and the other in Detroit.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

A couple Gritz-Blitzers…

Fulton Kuykendall - surprised not mentioned yet.
Didn’t know he ended up in SF!

William Faumuina - passed on quite young; heart failure

’80s Forty Niners…

Dwaine (with an ‘i’) Board
Dan Bunz

And quite a few from early-’80s Dolphins. And not just B’s either.
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

The immortal Jimbo Elrod with his shaggy hair.