Latest Issue of "The Coffin Corner"

Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Latest Issue of "The Coffin Corner"

Post by Ken Crippen »

The latest issue of The Coffin Corner is now available for immediate download from the PFRA website. Included are:

PFRA-ternizing. The cover for The 1951 Los Angeles Rams: Profiles of the NFL’s First West Coast Champions, the third in the Great Teams in Pro Football History series, is unveiled, as is a pre-order discount for the book to be released later this year. Also, there's a special "thank you" to PFRA member Richard Bak, who compiled a complete article index of the entire run of the Coffin Corner, from 1979 to 2021, alphabetized by author.

Official 2021 Hall of Very Good Ballot. NOTE: The deadline for submitting your ballot is October 31, 2021.

The Chicago Bears’ 1965 Draft: Sayers and Butkus Enter the NFL by Bryan Dietzler. There are those who say that the greatest draft the Bears ever had was in 1983, a draft that produced seven starters on the 1985 Super Bowl champions. That may be, but it's hard to beat the back-to-back picks Chicago made in Round 1 of the 1965 draft—two Hall of Famers that could be considered the best to ever play their positions.

Ten Things You Probably Don’t Know About the Detroit Lions by Randy Snow. A Top 10 list of trivia about the team formerly known as the Portsmouth Spartans. The Lions may not have won a Super Bowl, but how many franchises can boast an astronaut, two backup singers on a gold record hit and seven Heisman winners as former players? "I'll take 'Motor City Minutiae' for $200, Alex.”

Three Former Stars Remember the World Football League by Kenn Tomasch. Gary Danielson, John Dockery, and Bob Gladieux reminisce about their playing days for the New York Stars/Charlotte Hornets of the wild and wooly WFL in this question-and-answer piece. If there's a lesson to be learned in this, it's probably best if you know the chain of custody of your chewing tobacco.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
Brian wolf

Re: Latest Issue of "The Coffin Corner"

Post by Brian wolf »

I didnt know Ford bought the Lions the day Kennedy was killed by Lucien Sarti ... A Sad Day Indeed
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The above opinion by me, is with all due respect to RichardBak, who said basically the same thing in a forum article from July 28th, 2020. A thread I did not know about until tonight ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sorry, his opinion was from Aug 8th, 2020 in a follow-up response to the 1962 Detroit Lions ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Brian wolf wrote:The above opinion by me, is with all due respect to RichardBak, who said basically the same thing in a forum article from July 28th, 2020. A thread I did not know about until tonight ...
You'll be hearing from my lawyers, Dewey Cheatum & Howe.