Least Likely Super Bowl QB

Brian wolf

Re: Least Likely Super Bowl QB

Post by Brian wolf »

Lee, why didnt Schroeder get the Raiders to rally around him more ? Had he grown more gun-shy each passing year, or wasnt the leader they needed ? Did his turnovers, poor decisions turn them away ?
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Norris Weese saw considerable action in SB XII, leading Denver to both their scores, after having begun the season as the Broncos' third string quarterback. According to Woody Paige's book on the 1977 Broncos, Weese had a dream in the week leading up to the game in which he played. An assistant he told the dream to laughed him off and said "Forget it, kid."
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Weese actually took over for Craig Morton when the Broncos were down 20-3, so he only led them to one of their scores.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

conace21 wrote:Weese actually took over for Craig Morton when the Broncos were down 20-3, so he only led them to one of their scores.
I recall an account of Super Bowl XII in, I think, Pro Football Weekly. The writer said when the Broncos replaced Morton with Weese, it was the first time in a Super Bowl a team went to Plan B.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

SixtiesFan wrote:
conace21 wrote:Weese actually took over for Craig Morton when the Broncos were down 20-3, so he only led them to one of their scores.
I recall an account of Super Bowl XII in, I think, Pro Football Weekly. The writer said when the Broncos replaced Morton with Weese, it was the first time in a Super Bowl a team went to Plan B.
Morrall was benched for Unitas in Super Bowl III.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

conace21 wrote:
SixtiesFan wrote:
Morrall was benched for Unitas in Super Bowl III.
The writer's point was replacing Morton with Weese meant a different offensive game plan.