Games on DVD

Oszuscik

Games on DVD

Post by Oszuscik »

Has anyone here come across classicsportsrevisited.com? They claim to offer entire seasons of games on DVD. Looks like you can buy an individual team's entire season of full-length games for $59 each. I'm just wondering how legit the site is...
Brian wolf

Re: Games on DVD

Post by Brian wolf »

I havent tried that site yet but have collected games from Oldtimesports.net for years ... many collectors and traders of broadcast games and films ...
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Brian wolf wrote:I havent tried that site yet but have collected games from Oldtimesports.net for years ... many collectors and traders of broadcast games and films ...
Thanks for the heads up! Do you know what the typical price range for a DVD of a game is on that site?
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

To be honest a lot of games can simply be found on youtube these days so I wouldn't pay more than a couple dollars for any one particular game. $59 for an entire season is still a pretty steep price considering most people will only watch a few games out of each season with any type of regularity.

What I would do is see which games you can find on youtube first and then if you have a particular game you want to see that you can't find on youtube then go ahead and spend a couple dollars online to get it if a trader has it. These days though anything more than just a couple dollars for a particular game is a complete ripoff and the trader is probably just taking advantage of people not knowing they can use avenues like youtube to find things.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

If people go to the collectors on the site, they may charge 5-8 bucks for copying and sending games for trade. I use to trade in blank discs and cheap gift cards, it just depends on how important a particular game is to collect ... a typical copy-reproduction of a game is on 2-3 discs ...
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Thanks guys for the replies!
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Thanks for the info on this. There was a video I've been looking for for years that used to be up on youtube until it disappeared. It was '49ers highlights where McElhenny and Perry both had big plays in the same game. I believe it's '52 against the Texans, but I've never seen it again. The site had some videos from '52, but I didn't find it. So close. Also, it was just highlights not a full game.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

AAA Classic Sports has always been my go to. Youtube has a lot, yes....but if I can't find what I need there I go to AAA.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

There are PFRA members who are big time collectors of football video, both film and TV. I'm sure if you post questions to the availablity of any game(s) they would be
happy to provide insight.