Trivia - Unique Facts About Consecutive Super Bowls

superbowlfanatic

Re: Trivia - Unique Facts About Consecutive Super Bowls

Post by superbowlfanatic »

ChrisBabcock wrote:XXVII & XXVIII - The only rematch of the teams from the previous year's Super Bowl.
You are correct - only rematch from previous game.
superbowlfanatic

65 toss power trap wrote:Probably not what you're looking for, but XI and XII were the only time a referee, Jim Tunney, worked consecutive Super Bowls. That won't happen again unless they remove the clause from the CBA.
YES - that is exactly what I had in mind - Great job outta you! I am impressed!
superbowlfanatic

JWL wrote:
Wendell02 wrote:II & III: Both winning QBs played at the University of Alabama.

I wish you had listed the teams. Its hard enough to translate these Roman numerals, much less remember who played, especially for us old farts.
You don't have to use those dopey letters.

2 and 3 were played in the same stadium.
Correct, only stadium to host back-to-back.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

superbowlfanatic wrote:

I wish you had listed the teams. Its hard enough to translate these Roman numerals, much less remember who played, especially for us old farts.
Yes you are correct - consecutive MVP's from same college.

I will add the teams to the list.
Of course, I & II had this feature also... by virtue of having the same winning QB (Bart Starr) who was also MVP (as was Bradshaw in 13 & 14).
41 & 42 both had MVP QBs named Manning but they weren't the same person (41 Peyton and 42 Eli). That has to be "unique."

It is very hard to know what you're looking for without a little more information (clues).
superbowlfanatic

JuggernautJ wrote:
superbowlfanatic wrote:

Yes you are correct - consecutive MVP's from same college.

I will add the teams to the list.
Of course, I & II had this feature also... by virtue of having the same winning QB (Bart Starr) who was also MVP (as was Bradshaw in 13 & 14).
41 & 42 both had MVP QBs named Manning but they weren't the same person (41 Peyton and 42 Eli). That has to be "unique."

It is very hard to know what you're looking for without a little more information (clues).
For the 2 & 3 they had to be different MVP's (different players). Otherwise it would not have been unique, as you point out.
If I gave any more clues than I listed for the hard ones, then there would not be any point - it'd be too easy. then it would not be fun.
Sorry 'bout that.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

On a side note, SBs II and III also had three QBs, Blanda, Parilli and Namath, though Blanda and Parilli were backups, that had played for Bear Bryant, though different schools ... Kentucky and Alabama.
65 toss power trap

Post by 65 toss power trap »

14-15 have teams from the same 2 states, but not the same teams

27-28 not only was a repeat matchup, but they were awarded to the same single TV network (unique by that wording to not count the split for CBS-NBC in the first Super Bowl)

9-10, I believe it's that the safeties were scored by the same team

47-48, I wonder if the "continuation" you are looking for is that 47 ended with a safety and a kickoff, and 48 opened with a kickoff and a safety. Or, put another way, on consecutive scrimmage downs a safety was scored
superbowlfanatic

Brian wolf wrote:On a side note, SBs II and III also had three QBs, Blanda, Parilli and Namath, though Blanda and Parilli were backups, that had played for Bear Bryant, though different schools ... Kentucky and Alabama.
That is very interesting.
My question is not quite THAT diabolical - but I like it!

SB
superbowlfanatic

65 toss power trap wrote:14-15 have teams from the same 2 states, but not the same teams

27-28 not only was a repeat matchup, but they were awarded to the same single TV network (unique by that wording to not count the split for CBS-NBC in the first Super Bowl)

9-10, I believe it's that the safeties were scored by the same team

47-48, I wonder if the "continuation" you are looking for is that 47 ended with a safety and a kickoff, and 48 opened with a kickoff and a safety. Or, put another way, on consecutive scrimmage downs a safety was scored
14-15: Same 2 states/4 different teams - that is a NEW one, and is unique - that's great!
27-28: Yes Same TV network, so to get to my fact and make it unique, you have to take it one step farther.
9-10: same team scoring safeties is correct!
47-48: Yes - safties as consecutive scores.

Great job!
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

6-Dal/Mia & 7-Mia/Was:

losing team did not score an offensive TD?

A kicker was responsible for all the points for the losing team?

7-Mia/Was & 8-Mia/Min (bit of a reach):

winning team threw for less than 100 yards?