R.W. to leave Seattle?

racepug

R.W. to leave Seattle?

Post by racepug »

How likely do you think this really is? https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wilson ... 16994.html
Brian wolf

Re: R.W. to leave Seattle?

Post by Brian wolf »

A lot of rumored QB movement but I dont believe Wilson or Watson will move. Though I believe teams shouldnt keep paying top dollar for QBs that dont produce enough (Ryan, Cousins, Stafford etc) Wilson has been a consistent performer and Watson just signed a big deal. Wentz could be out of a starting job if he doesnt pan out in Indy and the Bears and Cowboys may hold onto their young QBs, Biscuit and Prescott, though Prescott shouldnt break the bank, like he wants ... If Luck were to unretire, he would be perfect for NE but Fitzmagic could help mentor a future pick or Stidham.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Brian wolf wrote:A lot of rumored QB movement but I dont believe Wilson or Watson will move. Though I believe teams shouldnt keep paying top dollar for QBs that dont produce enough (Ryan, Cousins, Stafford etc) Wilson has been a consistent performer and Watson just signed a big deal. Wentz could be out of a starting job if he doesnt pan out in Indy and the Bears and Cowboys may hold onto their young QBs, Biscuit and Prescott, though Prescott shouldnt break the bank, like he wants ... If Luck were to unretire, he would be perfect for NE but Fitzmagic could help mentor a future pick or Stidham.
Apparently Jim Irsay recently reached out to sources close to Luck, who confirmed that he has no thoughts of coming back to play. Irsay just wanted to check before they pulled the trigger on the Carson Wentz trade.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yeah but who wants to play for Irsay ? Luck and Rivers both retired and now Wentz has to prove he can get it done but we will see. I think thats why Luck may not come back to the NFL because he knows the Colts wont give up his rights.

I am wondering if a team will take a chance on obtaining Minshew from Jax, who I doubt would want to backup a rookie QB ? Another QB who should move is Carr but Gruden still thinks he can win in Vegas ... doubtful
racepug

Post by racepug »

I don't want Russell to leave but if he's not happy. . .

I don't think the Seahawks will trade their franchise QB, but after seeing what I have about the situation the last few days I wouldn't bet a whole lot against it, either. :(