Mike Iupati

ChrisBabcock

Re: Mike Iupati

Post by ChrisBabcock »

racepug wrote:Mike Iupati has officially retired after spending his entire playing career in the N.F.C. West. I have him down as the top 49ers LG of all time (edging Guy McIntyre out). Any dissenters?
I think I have a memory of the Bills seriously considering trying to sign him in the 2015 off-season. Which of course would have brought him out of the NFC west. Jeff or Adam (conace21) could possibly confirm or deny this.
conace21

Re: Mike Iupati

Post by conace21 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
racepug wrote:Mike Iupati has officially retired after spending his entire playing career in the N.F.C. West. I have him down as the top 49ers LG of all time (edging Guy McIntyre out). Any dissenters?
I think I have a memory of the Bills seriously considering trying to sign him in the 2015 off-season. Which of course would have brought him out of the NFC west. Jeff or Adam (conace21) could possibly confirm or deny this.
This vaguely rings a bell. The timeline certainly fits, as the Bills had terrible guard play in 2014. They struggled to replace Andy Levitre and couldn't consistently run the ball.They ended up signing Richie Incognito out of limbo and drafting John Miller.