PFRA Elections (Yes, it's that time again!)

JeffreyMiller

PFRA Elections (Yes, it's that time again!)

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Hello fellow PFRAers ... the time is once again upon us to cast our ballots for the governing officers of the PFRA ...

The current office holders who are seeking reelection are:

Vice President Roy Sye
Secretary Dave Burch
Treasurer Adam Connelly

Current President Ken Crippen has informed the board that he will not seek reelection.

Current Assistant Executive Director George Bozeka has informed me that he is a candidate for the office of President.

Anyone wishing to run for any of the PFRA offices will need to send an email to me at odosagih@aol.com (or you can use the message function on this site) by April 1, 2021, stating his or her intention and which office she or he is seeking.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
racepug

Re: PFRA Elections (Yes, it's that time again!)

Post by racepug »

I'm new here. What do people in these different positions do?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Well, typically the president oversees the PFRA bake sale held every October in Green Bay. If the weather's nice, it's held outside on Boyd Dowler's front lawn. But if there's 23 inches of snow--we're talking Green Bay, remember---it's the secretary's job to find a suitable saloon to peddle muffins and raisin cookies. All the while, the executive director stands around and says "Ha-rumph!" a few times to show he's in charge. At some point the treasurer excuses himself to go to the john, then absconds with the proceeds and goes on a three-day drunk somewhere.

I hope this helps.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Perfect!
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Technically the president only appoints the Publications Director and the Executive Director (who in turn appoints the Assistant Executive Director). It really is an unwieldy organizational structure.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

TodMaher wrote:Technically the president only appoints the Publications Director and the Executive Director (who in turn appoints the Assistant Executive Director). It really is an unwieldy organizational structure.
That is not correct, at least that is not the way that Mark Ford and I run the organization. We share the duties and spread out the workload. President is not a figure-head position. Otherwise, you just burn out your executive director.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast