I didn't know he played for them.....

vikingsfan1963

Re: I didn't know he played for them.....

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

How about Terry Metcalf with Washington? Of course we all know he played for the Toronto Argonauts as well!
vikingsfan1963

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

I don't recall Lemar Parrish playing four seasons with Washington and a final campaign with Buffalo. Always thought he and Ken Riley were lifetime Cincinnati Bengals!
conace21

Post by conace21 »

vikingsfan1963 wrote:I don't recall Lemar Parrish playing four seasons with Washington and a final campaign with Buffalo. Always thought he and Ken Riley were lifetime Cincinnati Bengals!
Parrish and Coy Bacon were both traded to Washington. Parrish thought he was underpaid and chafed at Paul Brown's culture.
Parrish did very well in D.C. He missed 5 games in 1978, but was named 1st Team All Pro in both 1979 and 1980.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

racepug wrote:I watched another "This Week in Pro Football" from 1970 today and during the highlights of San Francisco vs. New Orleans Billy Kilmer was mentioned as a "former 49er." I did not know that Billy Kilmer ever played for the 49ers.
Kilmer actually was the guy who fumbled on the famous Jim Marshall wrong-way run.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Coy Bacon played for different teams but always supplied a great pass rush. Has a HOF resume ... Its hard to believe the Cowboys and Bengals gave up this guy ?
vikingsfan1963

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

Here's a new one: Fred Biletnikoff with the Montreal Alouettes
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

vikingsfan1963 wrote:Here's a new one: Fred Biletnikoff with the Montreal Alouettes
I did not know that one.... great find!
https://www.cflapedia.com/Players/b/bil ... f_fred.htm

Montreal lured Biletnikoff out of retirement in 1980. Biletnikoff was never known for his size or speed, but as a smart receiver with good hands and a knack for getting open. Those smarts and experience were why at age 37, Biletnikoff still turned in a very creditable performance with 38 catches, second best on the Alouettes and eighth in the East. After retiring from football as a player, Biletnikoff embarked on a coaching career, that started with High School teams, wound its way back to the CFL with Calgary in 1987 and 1988 and into the NFL. Biletnikoff finally retired from coaching with the Oakland Raiders in 2007.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Rich Caster wit the Saints and Redskins in 1981 (7 total games), then one game with the Redskins in 1982. I don't know if he was still with the team for Super Bowl XVII.

Last season, tackle Jared Veldheer played in the postseason both for the Colts and Packers. i don't know if it the first time one player suits fore two different teams in the playoffs.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I thought what the Packers did was illegal and another reason to bet on Rodgers and the Packers - which many people did against the Bucs- but maybe they "convinced" the Colts to release him for "injury" reasons, after they choked away their playoff game against Buffalo?
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

Ronfitch wrote:
Bryan wrote:Image

John Brockington
As was Mac Lane. They were both there for part of the ‘77 season after Starr cut a Brockington from the Packers after the first game of the season.
macLane.jpeg
In 1978 Lane's last year with the Chiefs he rushed for 144 yds in a game against Buffalo. His season total was 277 yds