"WHO AM I?" trivia.

Bryan

Re: "WHO AM I?" trivia.

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I was a running back who played for three different teams. I had exactly the same amount of career rushing attempts for each of these teams. For two if these three teams, I was the first ever player to wear my jersey number for that particular team.
I thought I had it with Ernie Wheelwright...
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:I was a running back who played for three different teams. I had exactly the same amount of career rushing attempts for each of these teams. For two if these three teams, I was the first ever player to wear my jersey number for that particular team.
I thought I had it with Ernie Wheelwright...
HINT: You have the right era.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote: HINT: You have the right era.
Question regarding the HINT...is this era also the same era when Todd Pence went to college? Because I am having difficulty with that question as well.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Bryan wrote:
Question regarding the HINT...is this era also the same era when Todd Pence went to college? Because I am having difficulty with that question as well.
I went to college in the late 1980's. It sounds like Chris' question refers to the mid to late 1960's.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Todd Pence wrote:
Bryan wrote:
I went to college in the late 1980's. It sounds like Chris' question refers to the mid to late 1960's.
Yes
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Todd Pence wrote:I am a quarterback who played five years with three different teams.

In only one of the seasons I played was I my team's principal starter. In all my other seasons I never attempted as many as 25 passes.

Of my eight career touchdown passes, six went to two players, who caught three of them apiece.

In my last career start I was benched, and my backup threw the winning TD. However, I was credited with the victory. That backup QB later became a head coach of some repute.

My last career TD pass went to a former teammate on my first team and was one of the two players referenced above.

I once was enrolled in a college class with the author of this post. However, I was a no-show and was eventually dropped from the roll. :D
Browning Nagle.

Terance Mathis was who he threw that last-ever TD pass to, in '96, a blowout-loss vs San Fran. Jim Harbaugh is the one who filled in for him in the '94 finale.

So you were both schoolmates?
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Preston Ridlehuber
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

JeffreyMiller wrote:Preston Ridlehuber
Dang. Jeff, I knew you knew the answer so I was hoping you would save it for someone else. :mrgreen: Correct!
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
JeffreyMiller wrote:Preston Ridlehuber
Dang. Jeff, I knew you knew the answer so I was hoping you would save it for someone else. :mrgreen: Correct!
I love this guy. His exploits in Buffalo and Oakland are pretty well known, but a while back I was watching a Falcons GOTW episode and I'll be damned if old Preston didn't show up catching a 53-yard touchdown pass .. I had to run to PFR to check to make sure they had the right guy! Eerily like seeing an old, old friend unexpectedly ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:I am a quarterback who played five years with three different teams.

In only one of the seasons I played was I my team's principal starter. In all my other seasons I never attempted as many as 25 passes.

Of my eight career touchdown passes, six went to two players, who caught three of them apiece.

In my last career start I was benched, and my backup threw the winning TD. However, I was credited with the victory. That backup QB later became a head coach of some repute.

My last career TD pass went to a former teammate on my first team and was one of the two players referenced above.

I once was enrolled in a college class with the author of this post. However, I was a no-show and was eventually dropped from the roll. :D
Browning Nagle.

Terance Mathis was who he threw that last-ever TD pass to, in '96, a blowout-loss vs San Fran. Jim Harbaugh is the one who filled in for him in the '94 finale.

So you were both schoolmates?
We were both Freshmen together at WVU. After that one year, he transferred to Louisville. He never showed up for that one class, but I did meet him later on that year. In later years, I was enrolled in another class with James Jett (who also was a no-show).