"WHO AM I?" trivia.

Bryan

Re: "WHO AM I?" trivia.

Post by Bryan »

Eric Dickerson, with 3 Tds in Anaheim?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bryan wrote:Eric Dickerson, with 3 Tds in Anaheim?
Correct. I thought of Anaheim but didn't bother checking because surely the Rams would have had at least 3 home games during that era with multiple players scoring TDs. I was wrong! SMH
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Here is a 'deep cut':

*I played for four teams in my seven year career, but only made the playoffs once. One time, I was traded from a team in midseason and that team went on to play in the Super Bowl after I left.

*I played for an ACC school and was drafted out of college

*I was a defensive back in the NFL...I had 10 fumble recoveries and 0 interceptions in my career.

*The last game in my career was a playoff game...I had 2 kick returns for 47 yards in a loss to the Cowboys.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bryan wrote:Here is a 'deep cut':

*I played for four teams in my seven year career, but only made the playoffs once. One time, I was traded from a team in midseason and that team went on to play in the Super Bowl after I left.

*I was a defensive back in the NFL...I had 10 fumble recoveries and 0 interceptions in my career.

*The last game in my career was a playoff game...I had 2 kick returns for 47 yards in a loss to the Cowboys.
Got it. (Only because I have a stathead subscription and all of the above is searchable) :D I won't post the answer in case anyone else wants to take a stab at this. FWIW, I've never heard of this player.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I played thirteen years in the NFL, all for the same team, with my career spanning the 1960's.

The team I played for retired my jersey number.

I later became a college coach. In the 1980's, I took a I-A program to their first (and only to date) ten-win season in program history. Two years later, I took another I-A program to their first 10-win season in program history.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Bryan wrote:Here is a 'deep cut':

Got it. (Only because I have a stathead subscription and all of the above is searchable) :D I won't post the answer in case anyone else wants to take a stab at this. FWIW, I've never heard of this player.
I never heard of him, either, and I am fairly well-versed in all the players of that era. I was surprised at how long his career was and how he actually played for some pretty good teams.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... rsLa20.htm
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Todd Pence wrote:I played thirteen years in the NFL, all for the same team, with my career spanning the 1960's.

The team I played for retired my jersey number.

I later became a college coach. In the 1980's, I took a I-A program to their first (and only to date) ten-win season in program history. Two years later, I took another I-A program to their first 10-win season in program history.

Bryan

Post by Bryan »

New question: I narrated an NFL Films video and also appeared in a movie scene with Timothy Busfield. Who am I?
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

Two people that have a connection
Person 1 - I am the first person to get 100 yards receiving in my first 2 games. Person 2 - I am the first person to lead the league in longest receptions my first 2 years with both longest being over 90 yards. The connection - Who did we prevent from attaining something and what did we do to stop him?
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

Well, I know who the second guy is, but I'm stumped on the rest of it.

(A minute or two later:) Oh, wait. I do know who the other guys are. The first guy is Don Looney, father of Joe Don Looney, who used his good start to lead the NFL in receptions and receiving yards in 1940. The second guy is Gaynell Tinsley, who led the league in receiving yards in 1937 and in receptions in 1938. (And also had a 97-yard reception the first year and a 98-yarder the second year.) If not for them, Don Huston would've led the league in receptions AND yards nine straight years, from 1936-44.