"WHO AM I?" trivia.

RichardBak

Re: "WHO AM I?" trivia.

Post by RichardBak »

Ah, beat me to it. Thought it was Studstill but didn't have time to check out PFR. That record-tying 99-yard reception btw was Karl Sweetan's first TD pass in the NFL---not a bad way to break in!
Last edited by RichardBak on Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

Bob Gill wrote:Pat Studstill.
Yep

Another clue was "I am tied with Calvin Johnson for the most consecutive games with 125 yards or more receiving with 5."
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

That 1966 season of his is one of the biggest outliers I can think of. Looks like he got hurt the next year, since he played only seven games, and I guess that's how he lost the starting job.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Sonny9 wrote:
Teo wrote:I am a wide receiver. As a rookie, my first catch was a TD in the second game that I played it. I had another catch in another game that season. In my second season, I had another catch in another game (for the record, I had only three receptions in my first 7 games that I suited up). But in my next three games after my third career reception, I gained 100-yards in each game and also scored at least one touchdown in each of those games (in total I had 20 receptions for 321 yards and four TDs in those three games, while before that I just had three receptions for 77 yards and one TD). Who am I?

No, but good guess. Similar start to their careers, but Watson broke trough in his third season (1981), why my mystery WR did it in his second season. As for another clue, both players coincided in the NFL for six seasons, and as a Watson, my mystery WR only played for one team during his career.
Thought it might be Roy Green since he started out on defense. but it's not.

Stacey Bailey.[/quote]

Bailey is correct!
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I was a running back. (FB specifically). I played 3 seasons each for 3 different teams in a 9 year career. I scored a double digit amount of touchdowns while playing for my first team but only 3 the remainder of my career. I was on a playoff team 4 times. Twice each with my first and third teams.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Todd Pence wrote:I scored three postseason touchdowns during my career.
All three of my postseason touchdowns were scored in my team's home stadium.
Those three TDs were the only ones my team scored at home in the postseason during their entire tenure in that particular stadium.
Who am I?
Going back through this thread to alleviate the boredom of the Bryant Young debate. ;) Giving this question a bump which wasn't answered. hmmm
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Those three TDs were the only ones my team scored at home in the postseason during their entire tenure in that particular stadium.
Who am I?
Going back through this thread to alleviate the boredom of the Bryant Young debate. ;) Giving this question a bump which wasn't answered. hmmm
I've come up with a few ideas but none of them work for the question. Can you give me a hint, like, did the team in question relocate during its modern existence?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
Who am I?
I've come up with a few ideas but none of them work for the question. Can you give me a hint, like, did the team in question relocate during its modern existence?
I'm curious too! Todd, are you out there? :D

Anyway, so I just discovered this exists. A player guessing website.... www.weddlegame.com
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote: Going back through this thread to alleviate the boredom of the Bryant Young debate. ;) Giving this question a bump which wasn't answered. hmmm
I'm curious too! Todd, are you out there? :D

Anyway, so I just discovered this exists. A player guessing website.... http://www.weddlegame.com
Sorry for the late response to this thread. Yes, the team did relocate.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I've spent the last half hour trying to figure this out. I'll probably smack my forehead when I finally find out the answer.