Out with a whimper

Eagles One

Re: Out with a whimper

Post by Eagles One »

Joe Klecko final season with the Indianapolis Colts (1988).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I was very disappointed that former Packer receiver Robert Brooks couldnt continue his career with the Broncos. He never could shake the injuries but I felt, when healthy, he was one of the best receivers in the game. When the Packers obviously took the Broncos for granted in the 97/98 SB loss, I felt bad for Brooks, who I didnt think was used enough, especially after missing the SB win in early 1997.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Citizen wrote:Didn't Earl Campbell pull up lame on his final carry and have the ball knocked away for a touchback? I'm pretty sure it was in his final game, anyway.
Yes, he broke into the clear, but pulled a thigh muscle, was caught from behind, and fumbled on his last carry.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

conace21 wrote:
Citizen wrote:Didn't Earl Campbell pull up lame on his final carry and have the ball knocked away for a touchback? I'm pretty sure it was in his final game, anyway.
Yes, he broke into the clear, but pulled a thigh muscle, was caught from behind, and fumbled on his last carry.
In a similar vein, the last pass thrown to Fred Biletnikoff should have been a routine catch for a first down. Clank! A play later Montreal's 1980 season was over.