Boston Militia
Started by luckyshow, Aug 04 2014 09:13 PM

6 replies to this topic

#1 luckyshow
Starter
Forum Visitors
357 posts
Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:13 PM
Not sure why we should care more than the WFA which hasn't reported this as yet, but the Women's Football Alliance held their National Championship game in Chicago on Saturday. The Boston Militia won 69-34 over the San Diego Surge.

The IWFL held their "World Championship" game last week at Rock Hill, South Carolina, the Pittsburgh Passion winninh 41-7 over the Houston Energy.

Both leagues have what in essence are their Playoff Bowls, but no need to mention these.

Neither of these two leagues report the results after the games on their web sites.

No need to mention this again until next year...

#2 oldecapecod 11
Veteran
PFRA Member
552 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:23 AM
They have it on their web site but I did not see anything in The Globe?

http://www.bostonmilitia.com/

#3 Rupert Patrick
Pro Bowler
PFRA Member
2,439 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:25 AM
luckyshow, on 04 Aug 2014 - 9:13 PM, said:

The IWFL held their "World Championship" game last week at Rock Hill, South Carolina, the Pittsburgh Passion winninh 41-7 over the Houston Energy.

Rock HIll is in the next county over from where I live I think, no more than an hour's drive from me on the NC-SC border. I saw no local media coverage of this game, but if I knew it was playing I would have attended.

#4 luckyshow
Starter
Forum Visitors
357 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:51 AM
I meant the WFA site had nothing when I looked on Monday.

The NWFL game was promoted on local New York Pacifica radio station, WBAI. Unless it was nationally broadcast, not much good that would do...

#5 oldecapecod 11
Veteran
PFRA Member
552 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:56 AM
Rupert Patrick
Posted Today, 05:25 AM
"Rock HIll is in the next county over from where I live I think, no more than an hour's drive from me on the NC-SC border. I saw no local media coverage of this game, but if I knew it was playing I would have attended."

I read the Spartanburg paper at least once each week, sometimes Greenville also, and saw NOTHING re the game.
The IWFL website is still advertising the game as upcoming. Thousands upon thousands of fans are anxiously waiting.

http://www.iwflsports.com/

#6 luckyshow
Starter
Forum Visitors
357 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:09 PM
thousands? Then they might pay attention to these missing details Like promotion and reporting scores and such.

Teammates, family and friends already know these minor details. Like who won. I guess they figured it out in facebook somewhere. (I have thought just computer storage might cut back on history. No more letters to look at, no more easy found memoirs and notes on careers, etc. But now it seems even current events will be hidden in social networks and this pseudo-private sort of sharing....At least for these ethereal, obscure areas I like looking for...)

#7 3243
Starter
Forum Visitors
301 posts
Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:31 PM
"The Boston Militia won 69-34 over the San Diego Surge."

"Huh-huh-huh. You said '69.'"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister