ERRORS - IT SEEMS

oldecapecod11

ERRORS - IT SEEMS

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Is anyone else still receiving this?
How can this be so if I am able to post this?

Roy Sye was at the June meeting (according to photo and Minutes) but the "Forum Police" list shows him inactive since March.
I hope he is well.
Does anyone know?

PFRA Forum Access - need to re-register‏
PFRA Forum Access - need to re-register
Actions
Roy Sye (Roy_Sye@profootballresearchers.org) Add to contacts 7:09 PM
To: Roy Sye
To: All PFRA Members
IMPORTANT NOTICE for NEW FORUM ** Please Re-register on the Forum by entering a NEW USERNAME and
PASSWORD. We aren’t giving out new usernames and passwords you have to enter new ones.
Starting today the new PFRA Website will be up and running. It will include everything the old site had and much more.
Because of two deadlines of the old site (Forum site ends Oct. 12th and Home site ends Nov. 14th) we are launching the
new site this weekend. Because we didn't want to shutdown the site while we built the new one, the new PFRA Website,
as well as the new Forum will be located at the link below at our .com domain.
When the final transfer is completed our website will return to its permanent site of profootballresearchers.org
I want to thank all members for their understanding and patience in this project. I remember nearly 15 years ago
when Bob Carroll launched the first website with 100 Coffin Corner articles. We have come so far.
http://www.profootballresearchers.com/
Thanks everyone,
Chris Willis
PFRA Executive Director
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Syeroy

Re: ERRORS - IT SEEMS

Post by Syeroy »

I am alive and well!

Membership is on the rise and looking forward to browsing the new site and adding new content.

Roy
Jeremy Crowhurst

Post by Jeremy Crowhurst »

I got one of those too... It's probably meant for those lollygaggers whose priorities were so out of whack that they weren't checking out the new site on Saturday.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by Syeroy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 pm
"I am alive and well!
Membership is on the rise and looking forward to browsing the new site and adding new content.
Roy"

And that, indeed, is good to learn.
You are always a gentleman, Roy, and happy you are giving your best imitation of Jacques Brel, albeit in Chicago rather than Paris.
The membership information is good to see also and I will be posting a question concerning that very soon. Knowing you are on the alert is an assurance it will be answered.
Stay well, thank you.

-----

by Jeremy Crowhurst » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:35 am
"I got one of those too... It's probably meant for those lollygaggers whose priorities were so out of whack that they weren't checking out the new site on Saturday.
Jeremy Crowhurst
"

Ah, lollygagging I suppose I was - trying to capture as many of the old threads as possible as the clock ticked toward the bewitching hour.
I actually expected my screen to burst forth a dazzling display of simulated fireworks that would make the annual Boston Pops Fourth of July concert pale by comparison - or - to go blank and boldly go where we have never been before.

Not long after the stroke of 12, I think I started to post those old threads. At least now, as they fade to oblivion, they will be among the "Saved" should anyone ever wish to view them. Guilty of some human failings, I admit to glancing at the content as I was copying and I am glad I saved some of them because they could be very easily enjoyed if revisited.

I was just surprised by the "Notice" because I HAD "registered" at 08:05 AM on the 11th which, on my calendar, WAS Saturday?
But, I am glad similar lollygagging was in progress north of the border - maybe doing something as goofy as skate-sharpening or practicing shooting the duck?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister