Possibility avatar options for this forum changed?

Ness

Possibility avatar options for this forum changed?

Post by Ness »

Sorry for posting this here, but there isn't a section yet as far as site operations go to make an inquiry. And I wasn't sure who to talk to. I was wondering since this is a new site and all, if the avatar preferences could be altered by the administrator or moderators. I know this isn't a democracy, but it just seems with the 6 kb size upload limit and 90 x 90 pixel limit, you can't really put anything up. At least with a nice resolution with that size limit. Just inquiring if we could considering altering the regulations. Maybe something like 150 x 150 with a 100 kb limit. Just throwing it out there. It would be REALLY cool if we could allow animated avatars! Of course the size limit would have to go into the MB. Either way I don't think the option should be a problem considering there isn't that much traffic here in the first place. Anyways, just wanted to ask. Thanks.
MatthewToy

Re: Possibility avatar options for this forum changed?

Post by MatthewToy »

I've been searching for an avi all day and can't find anything small enough.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Re: Welcome! New PFRA Website & Forum
by oldecapecod 11 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:39 am

Ronfitch
Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:40 pm
"...How do you get an image down to 6 kb for an avitar? Been messing with Photoshop for half an hour, trying jpg, gif and png formats with a variety of options."

Place it on your desktop. Open in Paint. Reduce by 10% until it fits.
When you hit Submit, the site is slow so it will take a bit and either notify you of the parameters or tell you "updated."
If rejected, you must do it again... and again... and agaun... until...
(If you don't know Paint. it is in Accessories - Save in jpeg - Edit: Home - Resize - 90/90 or just 90 in Horizontal if a newer version. (I forget where the transition was made but it does not matter.)
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Ness

Post by Ness »

MatthewToy wrote:I've been searching for an avi all day and can't find anything small enough.
If you have a program like photoshop or something you can do it, but ehhh...it will be really pixelated or you'd have to get a smaller image.

I always think avatars and signatures help identify others on forums easier and give character.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

I played around w/ some images, making severe crops but came woefully short of the target size. Hopefully Mr Dogbyte can change the settings.