NOTICE re ARCHIVES

oldecapecod11

NOTICE re ARCHIVES

Post by oldecapecod11 »

NOTICE concerning ARCHIVES

You will see this in some of the Archived threads already posted and it is a "heads up" for anyone who might be planning to post some old threads.

The issue is "Limits per Page" and this limit is currently set at 60,000 characters which is about average (maybe a tad shy) for sites like this.

For the normal day-to-day listings that we do, it is more than adequate. Only the Archives will need a little special attention.

As you can see by a review of the Threads already posted, there are two ways to do it. (Actually, there is a third but the two listed are easiest.)

The first thing you must determine is the volume you plan to post. You do not need a "word count" selection in your program.
The old forum allowed for 20 Posts versus the character count limited here.
I have found twice that many can be posted here. (In some cases, three times, but stay with two.)
So, as you can see in one Thread, "John Thorn makes a solid point," the first 40 Posts are on the first page, the rest are on Page 2 "The 1st Reply.")

So,

1. I think this is the better of the two. Post your saved thread 40 Posts to a page. (There are very, very few that exceed 40.)

or,

2. You can break the Thread into two or more threads as was done with
"Is it an NFL Hall of Fame or a Pro Football Hall of Fame (Part 1)" and "Is it an NFL Hall of Fame or a Pro Football Hall of Fame (Part 2.)" Part 3 if more than 80.
(Please notice that method #1 was added to the "Hall" - "Part 1" Post.)

Most of these will fade to oblivion and that will probably be the excuse that is given for not alerting us to this matter but "Forward the Thread Brigade..."
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister