'22 Ravens in trouble?

74_75_78_79_

'22 Ravens in trouble?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

This current Ravens' installment is, thus far, in real bad company!!

There are seven other teams in NFL history who have surrendered two 17+ leads at home en route to a defeat! And, here, in the very early part of this very 2022 campaign, Ravens have already done it twice themselves!

Here are those seven others...(in chrono)...

1996 Giants, 6-10
2002 Bears, 4-12
2003 Falcons, 5-11
2008 Chiefs, 2-14
2011 Vikings, 3-13
2013 Texans, 2-14

and, finally, (a non-losing team; 8-8) the 2014 Forty Niners in Jim Harbaugh's final season with them!

But some of these others are arguably the worst in the franchise's history! Sure enough the other (noticeably better HC) Harbaugh with the help of Lamar and other talents will also prevent a loser here, but still...

Thoughts?
Last edited by 74_75_78_79_ on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
racepug

Re: '22 Ravens in trouble?

Post by racepug »

Personally, I was more pleased when BUF came back to beat them than I was when MIA did. I get the impression that, aside from the Ravens' "D" collapsing, in the 2nd half of both those games Lamar Jackson basically disappeared (I know he threw a crucial pick near the end of the BUF loss that cost BAL BIG). Personally I'm still not "sold" on Lamar Jackson being a very effective NFL QB IF a team can get pressure on him AND keep him from escaping the pocket.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

racepug wrote:Personally, I was more pleased when BUF came back to beat them than I was when MIA did. I get the impression that, aside from the Ravens' "D" collapsing, in the 2nd half of both those games Lamar Jackson basically disappeared (I know he threw a crucial pick near the end of the BUF loss that cost BAL BIG). Personally I'm still not "sold" on Lamar Jackson being a very effective NFL QB IF a team can get pressure on him AND keep him from escaping the pocket.
Jackson has been much better than I thought he would be in the NFL. I always think "this will be the time when Jackson gets broken in half" or "this will be the game in which Jackson is just terrible", but he usually is productive.

I watched an NFL Network segment called "Top 100 QB runs", and two things stood out...one, most of the QBs weren't that good (Bobby Douglass, Mariotta, Newton, Pryor, Stewart, etc), and two, Mike Vick and Lamar Jackson are just on a completely different level when compared to every other QB in history. Vick was just a unique talent, and Jackson is one of the most elusive players regardless of position.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

It seems to me Baltimore is shifting to a team that no longer hangs its hat on its defense to win games. With Jackson, KJ Dobbins they are a more offense oriented team. They have definitely shifted from their 2000 team that was offensively inept to a team now that can basically score at will, and are right up there with Kansas City and Buffalo.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Bryan wrote:Jackson has been much better than I thought he would be in the NFL.
Two giveaways by L.J. today in the last three minutes of the game. TWO. I maintain that Lamar Jackson is generally NOT a good decision maker and is (relatively) easily rattled.