QBs with at least two walk off TDs? Is Jake Delhomme alone?

Ness

QBs with at least two walk off TDs? Is Jake Delhomme alone?

Post by Ness »

I was randomly wondering about this. Jake Delhomme was always a guilty pleasure of mine when he was the Panthers QB. I remember two hallmark moments of his career where he threw a walk off TD to Steve Smith to win the game in double OT against the Rams in the 2003 NFC Divisional, and threw a walk off TD in the 2008 season opener to beat the Chargers as time expired. Both road games. Anyway, walk off TDs are rare, and I was wondering if there are any other quarterbacks in NFL history that have thrown at least two to win a game like Jake did.
Sonny9

Re: QBs with at least two walk off TDs? Is Jake Delhomme alo

Post by Sonny9 »

This past season Mahomes twice hit Kelce with the winning TD in OT. Once against the Chargers in the regular season and once in the divisional playoff round against the Bills.
Ness

Post by Ness »

Sonny9 wrote:This past season Mahomes twice hit Kelce with the winning TD in OT. Once against the Chargers in the regular season and once in the divisional playoff round against the Bills.
Ahhh ok. I had forgotten. Due to the OT rules changes the last few years, this type of thing would be easier to match. Since before in OT all you had to do is get a FG to win the game.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I have to check on quarterbacks, but I remember in 2001, Bears safety Mike Brown returned interceptions for TDs in OT in consecutive games against San Francisco and Cleveland. I don't know if it is the only time a team has won consecutive games in overtime, let alone the same player scores touchdowns.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Dan Fouts threw TD passes in OT in 1978 against Kansas City and in 1980 against Oakland, both times to John Jefferson. He also won other three contests in OT when a RB scored a TD: Mercury Morris in 1976 against San Francisco, Buford McGee in 1984 against Miami and Lionel "Little Train" James in 1985 against the Raiders.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Farve had the TD to Jennings on Monday Night Football in OT and I think the crazy TD to Freeman ended that game as well. Was a long time ago but if I remember correctly both were walk-offs.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Mark

Post by Mark »

Mark Brunell threw the game winning TD in OT vs Dallas in 2000 with Jax and in OT in 2006 against Jax with Washington.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Terry Bradshaw had three game winning TDs in OT. 1978 vs. Browns, 1981 vs the Patriots, and 1982 vs the Bengals.
Ness

Post by Ness »

Ok my apologies. This was a lot more common than I thought thought.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Drew Bledsoe has the record with four. Bradshaw, Dak Prescott, and Russell Wilson have three.