I think it is time to extend the field

RichardBak

Re: I think it is time to extend the field

Post by RichardBak »

Reaser wrote:
TanksAndSpartans wrote:@Reaser - really good post.

Would you increase the field length or decrease the number of downs? Those seem a bit drastic to me.
I wouldn't do either of those things. All I'd change is letting teams play defense, including being able to hit QB's. Lot of stuff QBs in this era do doesn't impress me, at all. Mahomes 'famous' run against the Titans only happens because defensive players treat QBs with the kids gloves, because first they were penalized if they didn't, and then they were conditioned to do so. So they don't even risk touching a QB, even if they're running for a TD! Or like Watson's 'magical escape' in the playoffs against the Bills, in a previous era he would have been blown up, at a minimum a sack. Instead free rush tries to wrap and roll to lay him on the ground gently with a pillow under his head, while second-in LB tries to run into him and wrap him up and hold him, snuggle him tight but not too tight, of course, can't get a flag. First player in slides off, second player in bounces off, Watson completes pass and fans/media go wild! "All-time great play!" No, it was a product of the era, which distorts the sport and distorts the outcomes of games. That's just how I see it, though.
+1

I like the "pillow under his helmet" imagery. Too true.