2021 NFL predictions

racepug

Re: 2021 NFL predictions

Post by racepug »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Combovers 31, Flaming Thumbtacks 20 (my wife's names for these teams)
WTF? :lol:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Skeletons 38, Bananas 24 (my 3 year old son's names for these teams)
:lol: (I'd love to see more names for N.F.L. teams that your son came up with)
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Brian wolf wrote:Possible 2022 Prediction ...GB and SF swap QBs ... Rodgers takes over in SF with Garoppolo battling Love for the starting job.
Rodgers a Niner? That would go over in SF like a lead balloon.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

racepug wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Combovers 31, Flaming Thumbtacks 20 (my wife's names for these teams)
WTF? :lol:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Skeletons 38, Bananas 24 (my 3 year old son's names for these teams)
:lol: (I'd love to see more names for N.F.L. teams that your son came up with)

Those are actually the two most hilarious.
Others...
Pirates (Raiders)
Reindeer (Broncos)
Horseshoes (Colts)
Parrots (Cardinals)
Stars (Cowboys)
racepug

Post by racepug »

K.C. vs. CIN - When Joe Burrow won the college national championship a few years ago I remember thinking: "This kid looks like a collegiate version of Patrick Mahomes." And whaddya know - now he gets to face off against Patrick Mahomes for the A.F.C. title! As much as I love Joe Burrow (I already think he's the best QB in the A.F.C. North) I think it's a tough ask for the upstart Bengals to go to K.C. and win. 'Course, I thought the same thing when they traveled to TEN last weekend. . .

LAR vs. SFO - This figures to be a close one. Division rivals meeting in the playoffs for the first time in 32 years (and only the 2nd time, ever). I could be wrong but I gotta go with the 49ers in this one. I just have to (just cuz)!
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

What do you guys think, JohnR and racepug ...

Brady tries to go to the Niners or retire ?

Rams and Chiefs for the SB
racepug

Post by racepug »

I am a little surprised that Brady announced his retirement. But I wouldn't put it past him to "pull a Brett Favre" and try a comeback. . .or two.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

I think the Bengals are going to win this Super Sunday. They're the team still playing with 'house money'. They seem to have the swagger, seem much less likely to find a way to lose - and LA seemed to try doing just that in each of their wins over TB and SF; it's just that Bucs dug themselves in such a big hole, and SF simply did a better job at finding that very way…to lose.

Of course no comparing Burrow to Montana, but point out some parallels - '81 Forty Niners & '21 Bengals each 2-14 two years earlier and are now in the SB. Seeing the strictly-'81 version of Montana and this strictly-'21 version of Burrow in the same light in the event of Bengals winning it - and Burrow being named MVP - isn't really a crime.

And like Super Bowl XVI, the statistically lesser team will win. Cincy's O-line will be the most worrisome aspect of their game. The Rams' D-front will sure bring it to Burrow - and succeed quite a bit! But I think Cincy will still find a way to win as a costly mistake(s) will be made by someone on the other team - player(s) and/or coach(es).

'Earmarks' of a Dynasty now upon us, a Bengal win may be seen as. But first-things-first. They got to win it this Sunday (first of very many steps). And I think they will, 29-24, Burrow MVP. A combination of SBXVI and Forty Niners/Eagles ’89 this game looks to be. Burrow getting railed for a while, but then telling his teammates to pick him back up with history then being made!

Will Rams score 3 TDs to Cincy's two? Will #89 Tyler Higbee score two TDs, make eleven receptions, in a losing effort?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Rams win 27-24 over Bengals ... too close for me to bet on
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

The Rams finishing at 12-5, and Cincy finishing at 10-7, makes this the lowest ever combined regular season win-%age among two Super Bowl participants at .647!

Correct me if wrong but prior to this, the record for lowest was a tie between SBXIV and SBXLIII at .656 (12-4 Steelers vs a 9-7 team in each case).
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:I think the Bengals are going to win this Super Sunday. They're the team still playing with 'house money'. They seem to have the swagger, seem much less likely to find a way to lose - and LA seemed to try doing just that in each of their wins over TB and SF; it's just that Bucs dug themselves in such a big hole, and SF simply did a better job at finding that very way…to lose.

Of course no comparing Burrow to Montana, but point out some parallels - '81 Forty Niners & '21 Bengals each 2-14 two years earlier and are now in the SB. Seeing the strictly-'81 version of Montana and this strictly-'21 version of Burrow in the same light in the event of Bengals winning it - and Burrow being named MVP - isn't really a crime.

And like Super Bowl XVI, the statistically lesser team will win. Cincy's O-line will be the most worrisome aspect of their game. The Rams' D-front will sure bring it to Burrow - and succeed quite a bit! But I think Cincy will still find a way to win as a costly mistake(s) will be made by someone on the other team - player(s) and/or coach(es).

'Earmarks' of a Dynasty now upon us, a Bengal win may be seen as. But first-things-first. They got to win it this Sunday (first of very many steps). And I think they will, 29-24, Burrow MVP. A combination of SBXVI and Forty Niners/Eagles ’89 this game looks to be. Burrow getting railed for a while, but then telling his teammates to pick him back up with history then being made!

Will Rams score 3 TDs to Cincy's two? Will #89 Tyler Higbee score two TDs, make eleven receptions, in a losing effort?
Tyler Higbee and tackle Joe Noteboom were placed on injured reserve on Friday.