2021 NFL predictions

74_75_78_79_

Re: 2021 NFL predictions

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Unless you're a Forty Niners-fan, not sure who wants to see a 10-7 team in the Super Bowl led by Jimmy G (who I'm past proclaiming as the "next" Bob Greise).

Rams (Stafford) playing at home for all the marbles wouldn't be bad. But I'd rather root against Brady on 2/13.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

I guess I like the winner of Bills Chiefs to take it all now.

Chiefs defense has improved a lot it seems. Bills need to show they can will close games. So I guess I favor the Chiefs.

49ers can only win if the score is low. Enough to win two more games? I think they could maybe beat the weapons depleted Bucs. Don't think they could beat the Bills or Chiefs on a fast track. Rams have the best weapons left in the NFC. We'll see what Cincy does, props to them winning a couple of games. There will be no pressure on them, they can let it all hang out.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Congrats to Burrow making his first AFC Championship game, despite not having much mobility in the pocket yesterday. He took control after the Titans gave the game away ...
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Really? I'm not at all an "it's fixed" kind of fan (and, no, I still don't think it is), but man that Rams/Bucs was was simply not believable! Rams really fold like that down the stretch?? It would have been even worse had Bucs actually pulled it off! Staubach comebacks? Montana comebacks? Both amazing yet still believable. But this, coupled with NE over Atl/SBLI, pretty "you can't make this up"-ridiculous.

Anyways, hopefully this Buf/KC game is more "normal".

If Bills win, next week offers up an '88 AFCCG reverse parallel while the NFCCG will be likewise for '89! Both games will be at Buffalo and LA respectively instead of Cincy and San Fran.
racepug

Post by racepug »

sluggermatt15 wrote:I was wrong on GB. But wow to SFO. They are playing some kind of football. I have a feeling they are going to the Big Game.
I sure hope so! (I've been a 49ers fan ever since "The Catch")
racepug

Post by racepug »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:But I'd rather root against Brady on 2/13.
Well, you don't have to worry about that any more this season. In the A.F.C. I have no real preference who wins next Sunday but I'm definitely pulling for the 49ers in the nightcap.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sorry 74_75_78_79_ ... But the Chiefs-Bills game was not normal ! No defense at ALL in the last three minutes ... Like Richard said, just basketball on a plastic carpet, though this was grass instead. How does a defense give up 80 yards and a FG in 13 seconds ??
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

racepug wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:But I'd rather root against Brady on 2/13.
Well, you don't have to worry about that any more this season. In the A.F.C. I have no real preference who wins next Sunday but I'm definitely pulling for the 49ers in the nightcap.
49ers/Rams will be a heck of game. SF won both regular season games. We know how difficult it is to win three... but based on how great the defenses are, it might be which QB do you trust more - Stafford or Garropolo?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Possible 2022 Prediction ...

GB and SF swap QBs ... Rodgers takes over in SF with Garoppolo battling Love for the starting job.
racepug

Post by racepug »

sluggermatt15 wrote:We know how difficult it is to win three...
That's an old belief but I don't think that the numbers back that up. At all: https://www.footballperspective.com/how ... ne-season/. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if L.A. wins next Sunday. I just hope they don't! (if the Rams do win next Sunday then how weird would that be: that after having never had it happen in the history of the S.B., in consecutive seasons a team would get to play in the S.B. in its home stadium)