Feeling '74...Cardinals' current 7-0 start!

74_75_78_79_

Feeling '74...Cardinals' current 7-0 start!

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Yes, we all know the last time that the Cards started 7-0! This '21 installment is looking real solid thus far! Real SB-caliber. Yes, they still haven't faced Tampa Bay yet - nor Green Bay coming up tomorrow night - but still very impressive! I should have seen it coming for I picked them to finish last despite knowing that Kyler is the real deal! It's nice to see JJ Watt apart of this as well even if not making quite the waves he did in Houston; still a key contributor in this later stage of his (suffering his share of injuries) career just the same.

Barring a letdown as was, sort-of, the case in that very Coryell playoff-debut (went 3-4 from there but still finished 10-4 atop the NFC East), this may very well end up being the Cards' best regular season output since the days of Conzelman/Trippi! So far, that 13-3, 2nd-seed finish/NFCCG-berth in 2015 holds the current such title (I really felt they had a shot going into Charlotte; one of the better anticipated 'final fours' IMO)!

Thoughts?
Brian wolf

Re: Feeling '74...Cardinals' current 7-0 start!

Post by Brian wolf »

I was so disappointed that the 2015 Cardinals team couldnt beat the Panthers. Newton and the defense had a career game but Newton didnt show up against the Broncos. The fans had their day in that game but it went up in smoke in the SB. The Cardinals came unglued the next season.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With JJ Watt now shelved for the year and Jones not playing the Titans again anytime soon, will the defense for Arizona continue to help the teams' run for the playoffs or will the offense continue putting over 30 points a game to ensure victory ? I believe they get their first loss tonight but we will see how the team responds to any more injuries as the season progresses ...
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

If they can best the Packers tonite on national TV with the spotlight on them count me in as a believer.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

RRMarshall wrote:If they can best the Packers tonite on national TV with the spotlight on them count me in as a believer.
Well, they almost did... bizarre ending, almost comical. Memorable game, with many memorable plays, calls, injuries.

With the Packers missing so many players, seems like AZ got outcoached.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The ending of that game didnt surprise me. I have seen many players the last two years on the field with their heads out of the ballgame. While injuries in the NFL continue to pile up at an alarming rate ...
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Despite the bizarre ending the Cards appear to be legit. How they whether the physical toll of the 17-game season remains an obstacle for them, but if they secure homefield throughout the playoffs they will have a big advantage.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The Cards didnt run the ball enough last night and still could have won. Like the Rams, Packers, Bucs and Cowboys, they need to run the ball more and help their QB and defense. They may need 12-13 wins for home field advantage.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

I was impressed with how well the Cardinals defense played without Watt. They still looked good. The Packers defense looked even better. They got kind of a lucky interception at the end but the kid who picked it off did a great job of catching it and staying in bounds. There was at least one other play in the game that Murray was not on the same page as the receiver.

Had Hopkins been able to play the whole game, things might have been different -- I really believe the Packers are very susceptible to the deep ball.

Overall, an impressive win for the Packers without their top 3 receivers and their DC, plus Za'Darius Smith still out. Some of you have probably read enough of my posts to know that I have many doubts about Lafleur, but the team continues to win. Also an impressive outing for the Cardinals, they showed they can come back when trailing a winning team by 10 points and (almost) put together a game-winning drive of over 90 yards.

The 74 Cardinals lost to the Cowboys and Vikings back-to-back in close games after that 7-0 start. This season looks to have an easier schedule remaining. the '74 team got hit pretty hard by Minnesota in the playoffs at the Met but those Vikings had a great defense to counter Coryell's offense.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:I was impressed with how well the Cardinals defense played without Watt. They still looked good. The Packers defense looked even better. They got kind of a lucky interception at the end but the kid who picked it off did a great job of catching it and staying in bounds. There was at least one other play in the game that Murray was not on the same page as the receiver.

Had Hopkins been able to play the whole game, things might have been different -- I really believe the Packers are very susceptible to the deep ball.

Overall, an impressive win for the Packers without their top 3 receivers and their DC, plus Za'Darius Smith still out. Some of you have probably read enough of my posts to know that I have many doubts about Lafleur, but the team continues to win. Also an impressive outing for the Cardinals, they showed they can come back when trailing a winning team by 10 points and (almost) put together a game-winning drive of over 90 yards.

The 74 Cardinals lost to the Cowboys and Vikings back-to-back in close games after that 7-0 start. This season looks to have an easier schedule remaining. the '74 team got hit pretty hard by Minnesota in the playoffs at the Met but those Vikings had a great defense to counter Coryell's offense.
The Packers are without their two starting CBs and their OL is still rather unsettled, with players moving in and our and changings positions weekly, yet they gained 151 yards on the ground. Lafleur questioned his own goal-line playcalling after the game, as did many fans (including me). Passing a total of 7 times from the shotgun formation while inside Arizona's 1-yard line was ridiculous. They should have had at least one more TD.