Eagles Lose to Cardinals at Linc 21 to 17 2011

LeonardRachiele

Eagles Lose to Cardinals at Linc 21 to 17 2011

Post by LeonardRachiele »

here is no way the the Cardinals can match the Eagles in pure talent .  I pictured yesterday's game as easy and was really let down.  Philadelphia was sluggish at the start and Asante Samuel's great interception gave them some spark.   Still there were too many missed open receivers and dropped on-target passes.  Let's remember this before pointing fingers at the defense.  There were three plays and one five yard penalty that turned the game around.

I am not sure if the first of the three incidents was in the fourth quarter but I think it was.

These were all in the second half

{1} The Eagles were third and one at the Cardinal's 16 and a 14 to 7 lead.  The officials ruled during the count that the Philadelphia Eagles jumped offside but the replay clearly showed encroachment from Arizona.  The two announcers agreed that the Arizona was at fault.  The Eagles lost five yards and Vick threw an interception on the next play.

{2} Juilo Hanson just missed interception from a deflection on the tying touchdown down drive. If Hanson made that play, it would have been  coast to coast interception.  The Cardinals caught the ball and  tied the game.

{3} In spite of the last two bullets, the really big play was the fourth and two completion from the Arizona 28.  If that ball goes incomplete, the Philadelphia Eagles take over, burn the clock, or Arizona takes  timeouts.  A field goal or touchdown changes the game.  Just this stand alone play was the big rock.

The game was all the more disgraceful  facing a second year quarterback on a subpar team.  Had Philadelphia won going down to the final seconds,  I would have been relieved more than happy.  So now they lost and looked very bad. The Eagles were 8-8 in 2011
The Giants won the division at 9-7