Super Bowl LV discussion

RRMarshall

Re: Super Bowl LV discussion

Post by RRMarshall »

I didn't check to see what the Super Bowl record is for total passing yards by both teams is but there is a good chance it wil get
threatened tomorrow. Having watched Tom Brady for 20 years I am amazed his Bucs have made the SB. He has played well in spots
the past two games but not so much at other times. KC has a the knack for playing up or down to the level of their opponent and I think
Mahomes will be able to do whatever he wants against a TB defense that is hot but has not faced an offense of this caliber so far
in the postseason. Hopefully we will see a competitive game but if TB falls behind early I don't think they will climb back in as easily
as they did in their regular season meeting. Final score 34-20 KC....
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm looking for a shootout, too. I'm thinking KC, 38-35. Whatever happens, should be entertaining. And yeah, records may very well fall.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I believe the Chiefs should win this game easily but I think Brady and the Bucs will win a close game decided by a big play or turnover.

TB 30 - 27
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Brian wolf wrote:TB 30 - 27
Same score I picked in my competition with friends.

TB 30-27
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

31-24 Kansas City. Mahomes leads a late TD drive.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

The overshadowed-for-obvious-reasons defenses, of course, will decide the difference! I'm surprised that you're not hearing reminders of this being another Spagnuolo-vs-Brady affair. Each defense has plenty to offer and will offer-up today. Whether by a pick-6 or a fumble-recovery-for-TD, or simply a turnover deep into territory, the defenses - not just the offenses - should be well involved in the points scored today; and not to mention special-teams playing their part!

Points will be scored, but I'm going to predict the total amount scored being just beneath the 56.5 O/U. KC will cover the 3.5 spread thus being on the podium post-game; Patrick Mahomes "going to Disney World" again! Brady will shake his hand but he and the Bucs "will be back" with a vengeance (top-seed, win at least 13 games) in '21!!
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Well the Chiefs ended up being completely outmatched in this game. Tampa is good but I think it is more of a case of how overrated the Chiefs are by people. Really all you need to do to shut them down is take away one of their two big receivers. They don't really have a running game to fall back on nor a defense that can shut the other teams offense down. They would have lost last years Super Bowl as well if the 49ers had a pretty good qb.

It will be interesting to watch the Chiefs team next year as the Bucs really put out a formula to handle their offense.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I guess you could compare this game to the Raiders/Redskins Super Bowl. But really I don't think you should compare either of these teams to those two.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

lastcat3 wrote:Well the Chiefs ended up being completely outmatched in this game. Tampa is good but I think it is more of a case of how overrated the Chiefs are by people. Really all you need to do to shut them down is take away one of their two big receivers. They don't really have a running game to fall back on nor a defense that can shut the other teams offense down. They would have lost last years Super Bowl as well if the 49ers had a pretty good qb.

It will be interesting to watch the Chiefs team next year as the Bucs really put out a formula to handle their offense.
Bucs got a ton of help from the officials in both games. God, what an ugly SB.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Jay Z wrote:
lastcat3 wrote:Well the Chiefs ended up being completely outmatched in this game. Tampa is good but I think it is more of a case of how overrated the Chiefs are by people. Really all you need to do to shut them down is take away one of their two big receivers. They don't really have a running game to fall back on nor a defense that can shut the other teams offense down. They would have lost last years Super Bowl as well if the 49ers had a pretty good qb.

Bucs got a ton of help from the officials in both games. God, what an ugly SB.
For that one drive I agree there were a couple ticky tack calls and if the game was close I think there would be a bit of an argument about that. But the Chiefs only scored 9 points so I don't think there should be many issues with the refs. THe Chiefs were just totally exposed as a team.