Super Bowl LV discussion

74_75_78_79_

Super Bowl LV discussion

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

MAHOMES vs BRADY!! I guess this breaks the record of greatest age gap between two starting QBs in a title game! I figured the Bucs would get 'hot' and end up hosting in two weeks! I guess I lean toward KC (if Mahomes is healthy, that is), but just barely.

Yes, Rams at the Rose Bowl in 1/80 and Forty Niners at Palo Alto five years later - each still in the "neighborhood" somewhat - but this being the first SB where one of its participants is actually playing at their own stadium!

This one should be a Dandy! A Classic!
JuggernautJ

Re: Super Bowl LV discussion

Post by JuggernautJ »

Going back a step, I was stunned that the Packers went for a field goal down 8 in the final minutes of the game.
Also question Rogers' choice to not run on third down... where is Elway when you need him...

I haven't heard anything regarding the severity of KC's Left Tackle, Eric Fisher's Achilles injury. I hope it won't preclude him from playing. That would be a substantial loss for the Chiefs.

I want to pick the Chiefs. And I wan them to win.
But pick against Brady in a Super Bowl?
Hell, no. (Especially not this one)

Do you think, if he wins, Brady at some point turns to a camera, waves and says "Hi, Bill...."?
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

I don't know if Rodgers could have made the run, the TB d-line is pretty quick. Probably could have got them closer.

If you look at the odds, the FG wasn't so bad because the odds weren't so good at that point anyway. It was suboptimal. The three plays before the FG were about as bad looking as it gets from a top offense.

The two drives before the last one did more to hurt the Packers' chances than anything else. Also going down 28-10.

I so no reason not to go with the Chiefs. Brady's lost in the SB before.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Should be a good game. Brady will definitely be able to make the throws that Allen had trouble with plus the Bucs probably have a better overall receiving corps as well. But you can't ever bet against Mahomes making enough plays to win.

THe Chiefs are a weird team in that they have a chance to repeat but they aren't nearly as dominant of a team as past back to back Super Bowl teams have been. Guess it is just the age we are in right now but if you took Travis Kelce or Tyreek Hill off the field and they go from a 14-2 team to probably a 9-7 team. Really hard to compare the Chiefs to previous repeat champions who were just loaded with Hall of Fame or All Pro type talent on both sides of the ball. I was thinking during this AFC Championship game that the Bills of the '90's probably had twice as much talent as this years Bills team did and they still would get blown out in the big game. But again probably just the age we are in right now and teams aren't really able to build as complete of rosters like they used to be able to.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

At least if the Packers didnt get the TD, they had the Bucs pinned back anyway with timeouts. A tough call to make. The TD before halftime for the Bucs should have NEVER happened ... incredible.

KC has their chance at repeating ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

The storyline is perfect with Brady vs. Mahones. All I want to see is a classic. But I suppose if I was betting the ranch, I'd have to go with TB by a nose hair (nose hair = 2 points). Luckily, I don't own a ranch. I do have a garden shed with a busted snowblower, though.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

Chiefs are just too explosive. Saw it in last year's SB. Like the 1978-79 Steelers. You play your game for 3Q, Bradshaw hits Swann, Bradshaw hits Stallworth, and it's over.

TB dicks around with a 28-10 lead like they did against GB, and the Chiefs win.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm giving the Bucs the slight nose-hair edge because the game's being played on their friggin' home field!

As my dad used to say whenever he caught me eating a banana with my beer, "That just ain't right."

OTOH, I don't know how many people will actually be in the stands in Tampa cuz of covid. Also, how many ordinary fans can afford to mortgage their house to buy a ticket? As usual, the real fans will be replaced by the corporate fat cats. So maybe not as big of a home-field advantage as I initially thought. Still, kinda blows up the whole notion of holding the SB at a neutral site.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

TB dicks around with a 28-10 lead like they did against GB, and the Chiefs win.
If anyone has a 28-10 lead (or more) in this game, it will be KC.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

For TB, this SB could be tailor made for Jones/Fournette because with Gronk catching and blocking, TB can score with the receivers and eat clock and shorten the game, running the ball. They have to keep Mahomes on the sideline.