Looking for 1991 WLAF game books

Massimo Foglio

Re: Looking for 1991 WLAF game books

Post by Massimo Foglio »

Thank you Dusty. I'll reach out to Pippi to hear from him why he didn't report to the camp ;)
Massimo Foglio

Post by Massimo Foglio »

Well, it looks like there's a great little story behind Moscatelli not reporting to Fire's camp.

Moscatelli played in Italty for the Pesaro Angels, losing two italian Bowls in 1985 and 1986, then went to play for the Milano Seamen in 1988. In Milan two of the coaches were Jack Elway and Sark Arslanian and they were so impressed by him that they were able to find him a spot on the Dixie State roster in 1988 (when they won the Rotary Bowl), and Weber State in 1989, where Moscatelli claims to have being named All-American (but i didn't find any evidence on this).
In 1990 The New York Giants approached him and proposed him a free agent contract, but before signing for the Giants they wanted to see him one year in a pro environment, and managed to send him to ther newly formed Birmingham Fire of the new league.
Moscatelli says he refused to sign with Fire because he wanted to come back to Italy and win the Italian Bowl with his original Pesaro Team, whichi it will never happen (Pesaro will never get to another Italian Bowl).
He tells me that now he realizes that this was maybe the biggest mistake he made in his life, but he has no regrets, because he was so young at the time and didn't fully realized what he had in his hands.
Last edited by Massimo Foglio on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty Sloan

Post by Dusty Sloan »

That's the kind of cool stuff that needs to be told!