Vikings media guide with year by year individual stats

Apbaball

Vikings media guide with year by year individual stats

Post by Apbaball »

Hi,

Does anyone have an old Vikings media guide where they listed the yearly individual statistics for each season? I've looked at their website and it looks like they haven't included them in at least 10 years. I would say somewhere before 2009 they had them in their media guide.
Ken Pullis

Re: Vikings media guide with year by year individual stats

Post by Ken Pullis »

The 2008 digital media guide has them since 1961.
Apbaball

Post by Apbaball »

Thanks. Is it online anywhere? I think their website only goes back until 2010.
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

I'd be interested in that too - do the yearly individual statistics for the Vikings include sacks and tackles?

A media guide collection might actually be worth compiling in the members only section, similar to the gamebooks collection. Teams like the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and Dolphins have every media guide in team history posted on their sites. The Cowboys and Seahawks did as well before recently taking them down. And then there are teams like the Ravens and Titans/Oilers that actually have yearly individual statistics (including tackles and sacks) for every season in team history. There's a lot of good information to be found in the media guides.
Apbaball

Post by Apbaball »

I'd be interested in that too - do the yearly individual statistics for the Vikings include sacks and tackles?"

It does. I found my hard copy.

"A media guide collection might actually be worth compiling in the members only section, similar to the gamebooks collection. Teams like the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and Dolphins have every media guide in team history posted on their sites. The Cowboys and Seahawks did as well before recently taking them down. And then there are teams like the Ravens and Titans/Oilers that actually have yearly individual statistics (including tackles and sacks) for every season in team history. There's a lot of good information to be found in the media guides."

Great idea! Disappointing nobody chimed to agree. Did you get all the Cowboys and Seahawks old media guides?
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Apbaball wrote:I'd be interested in that too - do the yearly individual statistics for the Vikings include sacks and tackles?"

It does. I found my hard copy.

"A media guide collection might actually be worth compiling in the members only section, similar to the gamebooks collection. Teams like the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and Dolphins have every media guide in team history posted on their sites. The Cowboys and Seahawks did as well before recently taking them down. And then there are teams like the Ravens and Titans/Oilers that actually have yearly individual statistics (including tackles and sacks) for every season in team history. There's a lot of good information to be found in the media guides."

Great idea! Disappointing nobody chimed to agree. Did you get all the Cowboys and Seahawks old media guides?
I did! I have every Cowboys and Seahawks media guide saved up until 2018 or something like that. And off the top of my head the teams that currently have every media guide posted online are the Colts, Broncos, Patriots, and Dolphins. I saved every one of those as well just incase they're pulled like the Cowboys and Seahawks were. If PFRA is interested I think these are great resources to save in our archives.

I've been hoping to find tackle and sack statistics from the 1970's Purple People Eaters era of Vikings football, and have been looking to purchase either the 1998 or 1999 Vikings media guide off eBay. Do you know if those years (or any other specific Vikings media guide) has those stats?
Apbaball

Post by Apbaball »

I thought the Titans/Oilers yearly tackle and stat sacks only go back to 1979? I found my hard copy of the 2007 Vikings media guide and yearly individual stats are included in there.
Apbaball

Post by Apbaball »

If there is a year or two you would like information about, let me know.
Last edited by Apbaball on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Apbaball wrote:I thought the Titans/Oilers yearly tackle and stat sacks only go back to 1979? I found my hard copy of the 2007 Vikings media guide and yearly individual stats are included in there.
You're right, I do have that wrong, individual tackle and sack statistics only go back as far as 1979 for the Oilers.

Thanks for the info on the Vikings media guide, I will have to check that out.