Playoff scheduled time of games

JKelly

Playoff scheduled time of games

Post by JKelly »

Maybe I'm easily annoyed but could someone please explain to me why both wild card playoff games that are indoors are the early games and the outdoor games are the late games? I just find that odd that the NFL is forcing players and fans to endure colder weather for what reason? It seems to happen every year. I'm sure the Packers game will be a late one because it only makes sense to make the game as cold as possible.
BD Sullivan

Re: Playoff scheduled time of games

Post by BD Sullivan »

JKelly wrote:Maybe I'm easily annoyed but could someone please explain to me why both wild card playoff games that are indoors are the early games and the outdoor games are the late games? I just find that odd that the NFL is forcing players and fans to endure colder weather for what reason? It seems to happen every year. I'm sure the Packers game will be a late one because it only makes sense to make the game as cold as possible.
That's because the NFL is ready to start their third decade of not giving a damn if the fans attending games are inconvenienced by weather concerns. TV ratings are all that matter. I'm personally rooting for the Seahawks-Eagles late game to go into triple overtime--just so it can screw up NBC's Glden Globes broadcast. :lol:
JuggernautJ

Re: Playoff scheduled time of games

Post by JuggernautJ »

Is this the first season in which the AFC has played on one day and the NFC on another?
I remember it always being split, with an AFC and NFC game on each day of "Wildcard Weekend."
(The Divisional Round is split)

Does it give an advantage to the AFC team who plays next Sunday? One team is guaranteed an extra day off.
Conversely, the 49ers opponent on Saturday will be operating on a short week... hmmmm...
I wonder who came up with that wild idea?