Three brothers in the same game

Wendell02

Three brothers in the same game

Post by Wendell02 »

Tonight's SNF crew announced that the Bills-Steelers game was the first since 1927 to feature three brothers in the same game. I didn't hear them reveal the 1927 answer, but I think its the Rooney brothers, Joe, Bill and Harry (Cobb), of the Duluth Eskimos. My first thought was the Nessers, but that was quickly ruled out. Then I looked at the two Cronin players, Jack and Bill of Providence, and also Fritz Cronin of Duluth, but they don't appear to be related.
rhickok1109

Re: Three brothers in the same game

Post by rhickok1109 »

Wendell02 wrote:Tonight's SNF crew announced that the Bills-Steelers game was the first since 1927 to feature three brothers in the same game. I didn't hear them reveal the 1927 answer, but I think its the Rooney brothers, Joe, Bill and Harry (Cobb), of the Duluth Eskimos. My first thought was the Nessers, but that was quickly ruled out. Then I looked at the two Cronin players, Jack and Bill of Providence, and also Fritz Cronin of Duluth, but they don't appear to be related.
All three Rooney brothers played for the Eskimos in 1927.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I have a question. Before the Edmunds brothers when was the last time three brothers played in the same season? Were the Browner’s in 1987 (Ross, Joey and Keith)?
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Teo wrote:I have a question. Before the Edmunds brothers when was the last time three brothers played in the same season? Were the Browner’s in 1987 (Ross, Joey and Keith)?
Nope. Dan, Chris, and Rob Gronkowski all played in 2010 and 2011. A 4th brother, Glenn, played one game for Buffalo in 2016. (Their oldest brother, Gordie, played semi-pro baseball.)
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

conace21 wrote:
Teo wrote:I have a question. Before the Edmunds brothers when was the last time three brothers played in the same season? Were the Browner’s in 1987 (Ross, Joey and Keith)?
Nope. Dan, Chris, and Rob Gronkowski all played in 2010 and 2011. A 4th brother, Glenn, played one game for Buffalo in 2016. (Their oldest brother, Gordie, played semi-pro baseball.)
You're right! How could I forget the Gronks!
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

The Watt brothers ...

Once T.J. got in the league in 2017 all three of them were/are in the NFL.
boknows34

Post by boknows34 »

There were three Antetokounmpo brothers in tonight’s Lakers v Bucks game in the NBA.

Giannis, the reigning league MVP, and his older brother Thanasis were representing the Bucks. Their younger brother Kostas was playing for the Lakers.